i need help. worst day ever

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93y7

i was getting on my car and it made a weird noise and now it cuts out and has no power. i changed the plugs recently and i changed wires and cap with rotor just a few minutes ago but it didnt help. it has no power at all. low rpm sucks. starts cutting out. intake sucks really loud.

Any CEL's? You may have jumped teeth on the timing belt. I would definately get that looked at asap.

What about your under drive pulley? Mine went once and it made a hell of a grinding noise. It literally took my mechanic two seconds to get under there without having checked anything out, just going by what I told him and BAM, he showed me the pulley. Thank GOD it's a stock pulley too. Screw aftermarket anything unless you want to tear your crap up. We just took the other one off my old D15 and put it on.

Seriously though, it throws codes all the time and you're not worried? Do you know what the codes mean even? :huh:

EDIT: I forgot to mention that just like LS beat me to saying, get the correct ECU. Don't skimp out.

Last edited:
Get the correct ecu. An automatic p28 wont work on a standard transaxle.

:werd:

Why do people think they can get away with running the wrong ECU and think that their motor will run fine? If your CEL is always on anyway because you're using the wrong computer then how are you going to know if your motor is throwing additional codes because something's actually wrong with it?

when i bought the ecu the guy said it was a manual and when i ran the last numbers it came up as an auto.

should have ran it before you buy it lol. but hey my ecl is on 24/7 on my stock ecu. But thats becouse my o2 sensors bad =) autozone testes for free.

ok. i looked a little harder and the spring on the tensioner is in the bottom all mangled. i have no impact and cant find a way too hold the pulley. any suggestions?

Back