I need Help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Canadian_GSR

OK so I'm drivin down the road when all of a sudden, my car shuts down. I pull over, do a quick look under the hood, timing belt is still good, no smoke or steam and everything seems fine. When I try to start it, it cranks but wont fire, theres fuel coming out the exhaust. So I waited about 30 minutes for a tow truck when I tried it again and it started up. I took it to a dealership and they did their normal diagnostic crap on it and could only tell me that they didnt know what the problem was and that I owed them 60$ for the look. So the next day it stalls out on my 3 times through the day and each time after a significant amount of time it would fire up again. So I took it back to the dealer and they didnt even wanna look at it, told me they wanted nothing to do with a JDM engine and that its out of an acura ( even though the valve cover says Honda on it). So now Im stuck tryin to figure it out and nobody so far knows what it is, if you guys have any suggestions on what else i should check id be quite thankful.
Thanks
Broken ass GSR

im kinda scratching my head as well... when the motor did start back up was there any type of hesitation at idle or when you would apply throttle.
if there was straight fuel coming out the xhaust it sounds like it was flooded which would be why it started up 30 minutes later, what do your plugs look like? but then the spudering might be a clogged fuel filter,(happened to me once) on my b16.....do a basic tune up, and see what happens,,also on swaps we can never rule the notorious electrical...I know i havent been any help....let me know what happens

I'm baffled. But send a phonecall or an email to your engine dealer, they're usually good with swap info and they might have heard of this problem and could give you a few answers.

i have a 86 honda prelude si. i was wondering if any1 new of any motors that will fit in the car?

Originally posted by H22Adelsol94@Aug 1 2003, 12:09 AM
i have a 86 honda prelude si. i was wondering if any1 new of any motors that will fit in the car?

Dude, start your own thread, preferrably in a swap forum and leave this guys alone. BTW, any motor will fit in any car if you have enough $$$ and are stupid enough to try it.

It sounds like either your Coil or your Ignitor in your distributor.

I've had the coil go out when my car was off.

and MrBlk on these forums just (a week ago) had your same problem and it was the ignitor.

i second the bad igniter or coil. i see that happen all the time. be sure to replace one or the other with oem units. the aftermarket are crap.

Thats what the guys at the shop were thinkin too, so we tried the coil.....an msd external coil and it wasnt it, i was drivin home last night and the fukker died on me again. so now i gotta try the ignitor which ive heard is stupid expensive....msd? or like you said should i go OEM?. wtf old prelude lol

Back