****I NEED HELP*****!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

evo8

hey, i was wondering if anyone has any experience with ebach springs or tein springs, but not coilovers. im gonna go coilover later on but just for now i wanted to get it lowered and all. i was also thinking about going with cg spring coilovers, but im not sure if those will fit on my stock shocks. any help from anyone, or info of any spring please help!!

and will i need to get new bushings or anyything if i wanted to lower it 1.7-1.7 or 2.25-2.25 inches? thanks, again any info is greatly appriciated

MIKE

Please whatever u do get preformance struts as well with the springs. The stock strust will fail within a month with that much of a drop!!

i was thinking ebach springs and a greddy strut bar. if anyone has anyother experience with any company for springs or struts please help!!!

wtf is a swap bar?
and strut bars are worthless in this respect- you need strust- as in shocks (i dont know why everyone keeps callign them struts, when in fact, unless you have a 2001 civic, you dont have struts on your car in the first place... but anyway)

but eibachs are a good spring.. pair it up with some tokico illuminas shocks. nice budget setup.

worrry about strut bars later...

Originally posted by MXDesa@Sep 20 2004, 06:48 PM
Please whatever u do get preformance struts as well with the springs. The stock strust will fail within a month with that much of a drop!!
[post=392699]Quoted post[/post]​

Really? I lowered two cars about 2" on stock 150K mile struts and didn't have any problems for a combined total of FIVE YEARS worth of daily driving/ weekend racing. Go figure, huh?

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Sep 21 2004, 05:22 PM
(i dont know why everyone keeps callign them struts, when in fact, unless you have a 2001 civic, you dont have struts on your car in the first place... but anyway)
[post=393126]Quoted post[/post]​

Struts are defined as any suspension dampening device having mounting points attached to the body of the device to serve as a perch for a spring. Shocks are defined as suspension dampening devices that have no mounting points to serve as perches for a spring. Despite the fact that older Hondas don't use the strut as a part of the steering system, nor does it affect the geometry of the suspension, it is, indeed, a strut.

i got tein s techs on my 91 integra, and they ride alright on flat staight roads, but around here they suck cause they are not stiff enough, and it bounces alot(i have brand new shocks too) and sway and strut tower bars. Id say go with something that is stiffer.

Back