i need help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

osmbr

Hey,
i bought an 89 civic hatch si for 700 and it has a blown motor no compression (zc sohc non Vtec) and i wanna put a vtec head on it and replace pistons & rings were can i get good pistons and rings and a sohc vtec head.. if anyone can help please let me know. im trying to keep this 500-1000dollar project on the engine.

here are some pics of the car i bought im changing the hood to Carbon Fiber and im getting the front bumper painted aswell and wiretuck on the car aswell im going to pull the motor repaint the bay and try and make this thing as clean as possible.

005.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

008.jpg

009.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg

012.jpg

Wow, that'll actually look pretty nice once it's painted! Get the side skirts reattached correctly too.

Look around the classifieds here on the site- there are a few people with VTEC heads available.

and i only paid 700 for the car

no i just need to know what pistons and rings i need to get and which ones to get aswell anybody??

Nice man not bad for $700. I am pretty sure u can get a head and pistons for that budget. Atleast here I know you can.

Also for like 500-600 you could probably get a complete motor ready to drop in. Anyway good luck with the build and keep us all updated.

Good buy. I would just drop a new motor in too. If you're switching to OBD1 VTEC wiring, you have a lot of options.

For your price range? D16Z6 would be my vote but that's if it hooks up to your existing trans (I think it does but someone may prove me wrong).

it has si tranny in right now were could i look for a good motor for around that price?? i looked at attarco used low mile zc 475.00

it has si tranny in right now were could i look for a good motor for around that price?? i looked at attarco used low mile zc 475.00

Specializing in JDM-USDM Engines & Parts...hmotorsonline.com

used engine transmission Toyota Honda Mazda Mitsubishi Nissan Hyundai

I talked to japan direct and was going to buy a motor for 550 from them but I ended up finding one local.

it cost me about 650 to drop a d16z6 into my 94 dx...

Last edited:
damn nice find for 700! si tranny, si wheels, aem intake and a dc header all in a rust free si shell!

650 is not bad at all now all i got to do is find a motor

Yea its not bad at all. Take your time and shop around youll find a deal... If u end up buying a motor from craigslist or some thing make sure you check it out real good.... I ended up buying mine from craigslist and the guy even wrote me a guarantee and every thing. So u can get good motors from craigslist.

Back