I need help!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

93hondadsol

Im new to the import world n I need help I have a 93 del sol w/ a d16z6 stock motor it's been fine til decmber of last year I drive and it will randomly shut off but only when the temp gauge hits in mid temp doesn't matter wither or not it's early morning or late afternoon it'll run n start when the motor is cold but once it warms up shuts off randomly not throwing a check engine light until it shuts off then you turn key off n back on light goes away sometimes it'll start back up sometimes it takes1-9 tries to start. Reseting the ecu by taking battery terminals off will do it but sometimes not. Like said new to important n no idea what maybe causing this someone please help me!!!!!

The best way to solve this would be to pull the code from the ECU when it throws it. Try the paperclip trick (jump the service terminal at the ECU) and count the long and short flashes on the check engine light

Follow Matt's first - then if problem not found:

Could be the electrical part of the ignition switch is worn out. Pretty easy to replace. Order from dealer if that's the problem. Check the grounds on the engine near the thermostat.

If it's electrical, the codes won't mean shit. And that sux. :)

Last edited:
Back