i need info on some jdm headlights

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

get_nick

These snozzberries taste like snozzberries...
VIP
i have a 92 hatch. this guy is selling some jdm headlights for $75.
1. are they an upgrade?
2.how much are they worth?
3.how can i tell if they are JDM or not?

1. its not really an upgrade. they are the same as the stock ones minus the little "nipples" on them. they have an extra bulb input for parking lights.

2. they sell for around a hundred dollars brand new.

3. you can't really tell if they're "jdm" unless you really look down at them and exaime them carefully.

If you want the "jdm" look of those headlights just shave off the "nipples" on your stock headlights. Bottom line, they're not worth it IMO.

JDM headlights also use a fucked up bulb (H4H i think) that is not for sale anywhere in the US and the few places that do carry them charge you out the ass for them

fuck JDM headlights
if you MUST change your headlights get the EDM ones
they look just like the JDM ones but they use the same H$ bulb that your USDM ones do

EDM > JDM

if you want cool and JDM get these, they are expensive as all nuts, but they look soo good.

s400849ca7c83f.jpg

the real ones look soo much better than the fakes.

throw a pair of Denji Projectors at them and you have yourself a tizzight ride

Originally posted by shootNOS@Jan 17 2004, 01:56 AM
i love the amber corners .

thanks for polluting this thread with one of the most pointless posts ever. this was a thread about HEADlights, not corners.

anyone know how much for some jdm projectors for a 92prelude and avg price is appreciated. will there be any modification to the wiring of the car to the projectors? any input is good input

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy@Jan 20 2004, 03:05 AM
1. Corner Lights are a part of headlights
2. You wanted JDM, i gave you JDM

1) No they aren't
2) the stock ones look better, on some color cars.

JDM headlights are plastic, have "city" lights, and no nipples. $75 isn't too bad, they are usually around $90. As E said, the EDM ones have all the same features, but are glass. The thing about the EDM ones are they are motorized so you can adjust them from the cabin, and they are pretty expensive, around $180 a set, and you won't be able to run the motorized part without some hefty wiring, since I am pretty sure it was only a feature of the European ones.

Originally posted by Smonkeyboy+Feb 17 2004, 08:02 PM-->
Originally posted by 92b16vx@Feb 15 2004, 11:57 PM
Smonkeyboy
@Jan 20 2004, 03:05 AM
1. Corner Lights are a part of headlights
2. You wanted JDM, i gave you JDM

1) No they aren't
2) the stock ones look better, on some color cars.

show me a picture where stockers look better than visions, and i will gladly retract my statment

Here's some

jdm003.jpg

jdm002.jpg

jdm047.jpg

jdm066.jpg

jdm072.jpg

jdm061.jpg

On white it goes either way. I have ambers now, but had stock JDM's (EDMs same thing), and liked 'em both but the stocks are just nice and clean

stock=visions

i guess thats true E, but I would take visions over stockers any day, except on that yellow hatch. amber and yellow dont mix

Back