i need more amps!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b18vtecrx

hey guys i plan on running some extra electronics in my car in the near future such as laptop for tuning and a few other things but im having trouble finding a reputable company or person who makes high output alternators or does anybody know if there are alternators from other vehicles that can be made to work somewhat easily? please any help will be nice. -mike

Quoted post[/post]]
hey guys i plan on running some extra electronics in my car in the near future such as laptop for tuning and a few other things but im having trouble finding a reputable company or person who makes high output alternators or does anybody know if there are alternators from other vehicles that can be made to work somewhat easily? please any help will be nice. -mike
Are you installing something that draws a lot of current?
I was running my mini-Tv, the ps2, my gauges and my 1200watt amp for most of the 2000 mile trip from phoenix to michigan, and there was no problem?
I don't think you'll have much trouble with just a laptop and a 'few other' things.
If you're running an amp, use a CAP, it may help.

you won't need to plug in a laptop to any power source except maybe the cigarette lighter. i would just use an extension cord though. you only need that stuff if you are going run a competition stereo and all sorts of huge power equipment.

Back