I need new tires

Falken Azenis Sport or Kumho Ecsta MX?

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dohch22a4

The Azenis is great, sticky and promotes excellent handling, blah blah blah. We all know, I like them too. What I wanna know is if the MX is worth considering. I've heard it's just as sticky and handles similarly, and also last a little bit longer. Sounds tits if you ask me, but what've you guys heard? Gimme some input, y0

Here's the Azenis (like you don't know what it looks like, lol)
azenis25.gif

Here's the MX
KU-15.jpg

:withstupid: but the mx is a decent tire.

comparing them to an azeni.... they are nigth and day.
different compounds, different heat ranges, different sidewall construction.

you live in seattle- seattle = rain, and therefore, i say get the mx's.

depends on price too and if you have any other reason than just daily driving to get new tires

I bought Azenis because they are only $50 a piece for my 14" hx wheels and they are great for autoX

as far as rain goes, it rained for 35 days in a 40 day stretch right after I got the azenis and I never had a problem with them, you just have to not drive recklessly when it's wet out which you should be doing anyway

if it's just a straight up tire for daily driving and no other purpose I guess I'd go with something other than the azenis

The guy at Discount tire said that they were damn near the same compound, B. Maybe he's blowin smoke up my ass. Anyhow, at Discount here in Spokane it's 86 a tire for Azenis, mounted and 99 a tire for the MX's mounted so the price is pretty negligable. Rain isn't really an issue because Spokane is dry as a bone during the summers. I'm leaning toward the Azenis's, but I'd really like to see an unbiased comparison. Do any of you guys know where they do comparisons online?

if its dry, get the azeni's hands down then.

as for the TireRack.com guy, hes a crack head. mx's are silca something or other that suck ass cold, and perform well warm.
azenis perform well warm, not cold, but glaze up when hot.

how can that possibly be the same compound?

mx's actually perform very well HOT as well. i used to have the azenis, did about 6 track events on them and they were wonderful. but yes, they do get greasy when hot. i now have the mx's and so far they are comparable to the azenis, but i have not tracked in this tire yet so i can't really say. for daily driving though the azenis are a little stickier when cold. i'd like to see how these mx's are in the rain as well.

Back