1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need peoples opinion

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> EG-EK / DC' started by AustinBionic316, Jun 27, 2004.

1. AustinBionic316

AustinBionic316 Junior Member

Ok this is my problem, I'm getting a 99 Honda Civic EX coupe 5spd, and I wanna do the JDM GSR motor with ITR tranny and Type R final drive, and the car will be setup only for 1/4 till I boost, and I'll boost for 1/4 as well. But the reason why I choose the 99 EX cause it the same style as the Si cause I cant afford the Si on insurance, or I woulda got the SI and just bought a GSR long block and use that for my motor, but I dont wanna pay about 4k for a ITR swap, and I dont know which ECU is better to set my VTEC at 4600 and redline around 9100rpms, so whats the cheapest way for me to get the motor, tranny, ecu and needed mounts to put in my 99 EX coupe Civic?

2. NotUrAverage_Si

NotUrAverage_Si Senior Member

become a drug dealer and save the drug money for a swap? :shrug2:

3. AustinBionic316

AustinBionic316 Junior Member

no thats stupid

4. JDMilan

JDMilan Senior Member

hmm, I would consider the other models first for three reasons, "1" the lower trim models are lighter = better for drag "2" cheaper insurance = save more money for other parts "3" cheap base price = more $$ available for parts.

Motor setup, you can't go wrong with the GSR either jdm or usdm. I would initially start with the JDM GSR tranny " it's a plus that it has a LSD ". and I would upgrade the pistons, rods, rod bolts, etc and any necessary regular parts that people would upgrade when building a motor such as maybe a new water pump, new gaskets, seals, etc..

Swap it in, break it in, drive her nicely for a month or two. And take it from there.

5. allbottledup

allbottledup Senior Member

Yeah go with jdmilan idea. If you buy a AEM EMS you can solve alot of the questions that you have. Yeah its expensive but if you building a drag car it will help in the long run. Good luck with it.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted