i need real big time help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civiclxb16

ok here is the deal. i have a 97 civic with a b16 in it, running an obd1 p28 chipped. the civic ran just fine for 4 whole months it was great, until one day it started acting like it ran out of gas. it eventually started for me to get home and it has not started since. now let me tell you the list of everything i changed
1 two brand new distributors
2 four brand new spark plugs
3 two new sets of spark plug cables
4 fuel filter
5 three different fuel pressure regulators one is adjustable
6 fuel pressure gauge reads from 37-60 psi
7 gsr fuel pump
so that is everything that i have changed or tried. the car is currently at the shop and the "honda guy" doesn't seem to know shit "the p28 is an obd0 ecu why are you using it?" "the p06 comes from a 92 integra" some minor quotes he throw out that i wanted to punch him in the face for. "why am i using an obd convertion harness just use an obd2 si ecu" so i have learned that he is an ass and doesn't know shit about hondas. now here is something i don't understand, if we turn the key and spary some starter fluid in the TB boom it starts but only last as long as the starter fluid does. now we know it is not timing because one it starts the compression is at 220 all across. i have changed everything i can think of just not the injectors. now is it possible for the timing of the firing order to get totally screwed up? could the spark plugs be firing before or after the gas is injected? i am lost and the "honda guy" must be just as lost i don't know what to do or think of next please help me out because the only other thing is getting it towed 67 miles to a guy who does swaps and wiring but i am running out of money please let me know what you guys think!

you don't have fuel

check to see if you're fuel pump is running?

check the main relay? injector harness?

for got to tell that i have tried two relays two different fuel pumps we turned the key and fuel was coming out the fuel filter, i put a fuel gauge on and it and it is reading 37 psi mostly so i think the fuel pump is flowing. you said to check the injector harness what should i look for? should i change my engine harness because i noticed there are a lot of wires that are cut up pretty bad and no hooked up nice what do you think?

First find out what is missing. Check for spark. check for fuel. Crank the car with the injector atached to the rail and pluged in. look to see if they are firing. do the same with an exposed spark plug. Then trace the wiring once you find the problem. If I were you I would go ahead and redo the wiring with solder and heat shrink and verify each conection with a continuity tester and a schematic to make sure it is the right connection. If I had to guess off the to of my head I would start with the ground circuits, these most often are overlooked or poorly done.

you have compression, pull a spark plug out of the head and check for spark

but i'm telling you it's a fuel problem, and i say that because I had a similar sounding problem on a b18a, and it had the same symptoms with starting fluid use- for that motor though, the problem was a dead main relay

if you've got pressure in the rail, spark and compression than the problem is in the injectors- maybe a section of harness got burned, cut, idk

but go over the entire fuel delivery electronics system, since you've ruled out most other problems

Originally posted by Slammed90Lude@Mar 30 2005, 09:55 PM
you have compression, pull a spark plug out of the head and check for spark

but i'm telling you it's a fuel problem, and i say that because I had a similar sounding problem on a b18a, and it had the same symptoms with starting fluid use- for that motor though, the problem was a dead main relay

if you've got pressure in the rail, spark and compression than the problem is in the injectors- maybe a section of harness got burned, cut, idk

but go over the entire fuel delivery electronics system, since you've ruled out most other problems
[post=480975]Quoted post[/post]​

so if the wiring is fried should i just change it over?

or, find the problem, and fix it

wiring isn't complicated- you just need complete circuits

break out the meter, solder and heatshrink and start searching

they guy at the shop used a bunch of different lights and so one the injecters plugs had it blinking and so on. we did the other lights for the and it was all light but he was looking over some of the wiring and the altenator had a messed up wire and he things that it messed up my whole wiring and it grounded itself that is why i was wondering about just getting a new harness from fatzingers( i see you are from milford so you might know where that is)

IN YOU ENGINE FUSE BOX THERE IS A 15 FUSE IT IS IN THE UP LEFT CORNER PULL IT AND SEE IF IT BURNED OUT

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 6 2005, 10:17 AM
i'm putting my money on a shot ecu. who chipped it?

replace it with a stock p28 or something
[post=483609]Quoted post[/post]​

can't be the ecu i tried three different ones, Matt did my ecu and it works just fine in my boys integra so it is not the ecu
IN YOU ENGINE FUSE BOX THERE IS A 15 FUSE IT IS IN THE UP LEFT CORNER PULL IT AND SEE IF IT BURNED OUT

which fuse it is the ecu fuse? if so i already checked that i check my ignition fuse and everything in that fuse box i am going to check each fuse on the inside box tomorrow being i just got the civic home and i am on my way to get a new harness right now

yes check each and every fuse.

but it sounds like a fuel problem. make sure you are getting power to the injectors and that they are working properly. check the cut up wires on the harnes if they are for the injectors thats mostlikely your problem. you can either fix it like slammed said or buy a new one

and it wouldnt hurt to check with a known good ecu

TRY THIS TAKE YOUR SPARK PLUGS OUT, IN EACH PISTON DROP SOME TRANISMISON FLUID,,, LET IT SIT FOR A COUPLE OF MIN'S....PUT YOUR PLUG BACK IN AND TRY TO START YOUR.. IF DOSE TURN OVER ITS GONA SMOKE.. UNTILL THE FLUID IS ALL BURNED OUT... BUT IF IT WORKS ...IT MEANS YOU HAVE NO COMPRESSION

come and start it and turn it off and start it again and the 100 bucks cash is in your hands

Originally posted by civiclxb16@Apr 6 2005, 09:31 PM
come and start it and turn it off and start it again and the 100 bucks cash is in your hands
[post=483962]Quoted post[/post]​

I was assuming you are using peak and hold injectors (require a resitor box).....seems to be the only thing not covered. Where do you live and I MIGHT come help you out... I'm in SC.

Back