i need real big time help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i wish it was that easy but this is what rules that out the car runs when i spary starter fluid in the intake so if it was bad timing it wouldn't run right?

when i bought my integra (mildly built gsr motor) it was a tooth off, and it would randomly die, sometimes it would start, sometimes it'd run fine then die and othertimes i had to park it and drive the sol becasue it wouldn't start at all. Its not to difficult to pull the timing belt cover to check. But if the injectors are spraying that means its not a power issue, wiring issue, or ecu issue. If its not a tooth off the only other thing i can think of is the ground on the thermostat housing.

Originally posted by hybridsol@Apr 13 2005, 02:22 AM
when i bought my integra (mildly built gsr motor) it was a tooth off, and it would randomly die, sometimes it would start, sometimes it'd run fine then die and othertimes i had to park it and drive the sol becasue it wouldn't start at all. Its not to difficult to pull the timing belt cover to check. But if the injectors are spraying that means its not a power issue, wiring issue, or ecu issue. If its not a tooth off the only other thing i can think of is the ground on the thermostat housing.
[post=486504]Quoted post[/post]​

i should back up my reasoningso it doesn;t sound like i'm just guessing. You said it would run if you crimped the return line, meaning you are dumping hella fuel....then you were saying that you could spray starter fluid in and it would run untill that was used up..ok so if its running off of the starter fluid its not using the fuel meaning the injector pulse timing doesn't matter and so when ever an injector sparks there is a fuel supply there. When you crimp the line it sprays so much extra fuel that it can sit in the cylinder untill the proper spark comes and then ignite.

That was confusing to write so it has to be hell to read. just check your timing haha

Sounds like a problem I had with my gsr swap, my friend had clipped a yellow/grey wire at the shock tower that was a lead for one of my fuel injectors instead of the secondary intake yellow/black wire. He had it routed to the fuse box so it was still getting power but firing intermitantly. I would get lucky and the car would start after about five minutes of cranking each morning...

My guess is you have a short or open in your wiring, take it to someone who knows what they are doing (and has the right equipment to test it) get charged an hour or two of labor so you can either diagnose the problem to fix it, or, rule out a wiring problem.

did that already and this is what i ended up with i think if i get a new wiring harness that might help me out instead because mine is ripped up some i want to take the wiring harness out and re do it but i am so depressed and lazy right now i don't know what to do with it

Look.....Don't sell your car... What you have ahead of you is an evening or two of learning. Find the schematic for a 94-95 dohc V-tec and buy a cheap multimeter. Buy some t-pins like the model airplane guys use. I think seamstresses use them also. You will need these to pierce the insulation to get a readings in some places. Start checking resistance across the connections first. If a connection has high resistance redo it. Also trace all your wires where they need to go ecu,-,+ etc. I my personal opinion all connections should be soldered and covered with heat shrink tubing. Have fun, what the hell do you have to loose. Also clean it up it's filty.

BTW something to check when your checking your connections. when I get water in the connection on my speed sensor it causes my car to miss. But I get a code when this happens.

Originally posted by bunson2001@Apr 13 2005, 03:23 PM
What did the guy that checked your wiring say?
[post=486724]Quoted post[/post]​

he told me i need a custom wiring harness made i don't know why he told me that

Originally posted by friz@Apr 13 2005, 08:34 PM
Look.....Don't sell your car... What you have ahead of you is an evening or two of learning. Find the schematic for a 94-95 dohc V-tec and buy a cheap multimeter. Buy some t-pins like the model airplane guys use. I think seamstresses use them also. You will need these to pierce the insulation to get a readings in some places. Start checking resistance across the connections first. If a connection has high resistance redo it. Also trace all your wires where they need to go ecu,-,+ etc. I my personal opinion all connections should be soldered and covered with heat shrink tubing. Have fun, what the hell do you have to loose. Also clean it up it's filty.

BTW something to check when your checking your connections. when I get water in the connection on my speed sensor it causes my car to miss. But I get a code when this happens.
[post=486857]Quoted post[/post]​

dirty?? my civic dirty..lol i know that is the least of my problems right now, so now why would i need the schematics for a 94-95 dohc? its the same pretty much at the 99-00 right? being that my civic is 97 and my wiring is for a 97, i have the helms for 96-00 so i was using that to guide me plus the wonderful hondaswap ecu pinouts :D , now check this out, here is the new twist i was told to take a look at all the wiring in the engine so instead of going thur the wiries i took the whole wiring harness out and i found three wires totally messed up they where not like that when i took them to the shop. the three wires are:
the altenator , the speed sensor, and the thrid one i don't know what it is but the wires are green and silver and black and silver does anyone know what wire that is?

I thought your car had an OBD1 B16. That was why I was suggesting the 94-95 schematic. Although I dont think that the wiring is much different than the OBD2. I do know that mine doesn't like to run when the speed sensor is shorted with water. Cleanoholic induced problem. :huh:

yeah it does so i think i have been looking over it and i am seeing pr3 all over the place on it, i think i got ripped off on it obd0 engine with a hydro tranny on it but i am not the master i don't know when it was running on the obd1 ecu i didn't get any codes so i guess it is an obd1 engine

most of you main wires run to the speed sensor so that could be a real big problem and the alto. to and the third one your talking about where did you pull it off what part of the engine there is a bunch of green and black wires in the harness hard to tell with just that. let me know and ill let you know. Mainly green and black are used as ground wires. if i was you id get another harness and hook it up right.

all i can tell you is i am one happy fat fool SHES ALIVE ok first things first i have to thank my buddy eric from highrevcustoms for help me. he came over to my house and we checked every thing and we checked the spark the injectors compression and fuel pump for the sound. so my boy took a look at everything and it all seemed fine even my wiring. so he take the fuel line off the fuel rail and tell my other friend that was there to turn the key and something came out my fuel line but it was not fuel after hearing a loud "o shit" i look at it and the "fuel" was green i mean green. so he took some oand put it in a coffee can and he puts a match in it and it doesn't lite on fire so we started pumping the fuel out the gas tank and it turns out to be all antifreeze, he opened my fuel cap and noticed that it was slimy and he came to the conclusion of someone poured anti-freeze in my gas tanks. so we drained it and and cleaned out the gas tank and put in some 93 with some injector cleaner. so we primed the system and we turned the key a couple of times, and on the fourth time we went to start the car and boom she started. we left the car running for about a half hour and nothing it ran like a champ. idled perfectly i am so happy right now i can cry.!!! thanks everyone for all the help

Back