i need so much help with my b18!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

eldiscjockey

FrankensteinB18A
ok so i buy this integra for 300 bux and just the body and engine no seats no deck nuthing i drove it home sitting in a basket, cheep ryt, the guy i bought i it from could not get it to start so i got it runnin in ten mins, with a new main relay from my civic and closing some circuits. ran it rough wit cel, but got it home 5 miles away, so i did a good job, knocked out 8cels no prob. then the only one i got was 43, fuel delivery i think.
soooooo.
The idle was crasy too buy i fix that too without a cel on the sensor i got me a new iacv, and set up the idle to 775 on a digital tach.
The cel would only turn on if i was between 3 and 4k rpm. so i drove neways.
yeah i was driving around and i knew it was a bad idea to floor it so i didnt for a while but then i felt the power i had in i felt the "need for speed" so i did, shifting into 2nd going about 30 i spun tires for about 3sec, "hell yeah" then got to 55 and then........ flippin jumped timing, soooooooooooooooo gay. cars out wont start, i lost spark so i rebuilt the dissy and got that back, and i did the timing. fuel was at 20psi got fuel back to 40psi but its still not running... help
codes 6 10 13.
A random kid online said some starter fluid will do it, and then somone else said i could probably mess something up.

.... please help.....

You said you have fuel and spark, make sure you have the correct spark timing, make sure that the fuel comming out of the injector is a fine mist and not a dripbble, and make sure theres nothing clogging up your intake. You could very well be getting spark but at the incorrect time. An engine only needs three things to run and those are it, good luck.

You said you "jumped" timing? Meaning you jumped teeth on the timing belt? If that is the case, depending on how much (usually 2 or more teeth) will bend valves depending on which stroke the engine was in before it shut down. Most likely, you bent valves. Pull the head and take a look for yourself.

yeah thats what im doing tomorrow, compression check, the autozone by my place had it rented out but its in now:D... about timeing i think it off:mad:, the cams i mean, so im going to pull out the pulley and cover, and go by the crank shaft gear. hopefuly its marked.
:confused: now how much psi am i looking for per cyl? i know about the 2% difference between the high and low is really good, and to get it checked, taking the head off, if it more then 10%,
but whats a good number for a 57,k/mile motor!!!

get a haynes manual while your there! it covers this

if you have a B18B1:
standard 199psi
minimum 135psi
max variation 28psi

if you have a B18C1, or C5
.. 270psi
.. 135psi
.. 28psi

If you have shop air you can do a leak down, this will tell you exactly where your loosing compression, wether it be pass the rings or valves.

So I had to put this project aside for a while, but im back on it. Well got my hands on a 91 prelude si, it got smashed from the back, totaled, so i want the head, for me or my boys civic! Hes got a b20z but if i can effectively use it on my integra b18a then thats what its going on. I was also thinking of swapping the whole motor into my civic if i can get it for less then $500.

i digress. i already want to rebuild a head for the integra so i was thinking to do this b20, and ill have the pr3 for it. let me know if its a good idea!!! and whats needed

Last edited:
Back