I need some advice, my car is idle!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SuR_SiDeR22

Ok where do I start, my car is idling really bad; I had a severly crack radiator that leaked antifreeze all over my engine and surrounding parts. I had the radiator replaced and I also had my spark plugs, hoses, and clamps replaced also. I also had my head gasket and motor mounts checked and that's not the problem either. I want to say that some antifreeze got in my fuel filter or some other part. I can cut the car on and gas it then it might idle and sometimes cut off; other times I can gas it and then brake and that's when my car starts to shake a little then sometimes cut off or act like it wants to. I have a factory 4 cyl VTEC. I need you guys help....I'm thinking I should get a rotary air control vac done on it......WHAT DO YOU THINK?????

From what it sounds like you could have gotten some things wet, like wiring or fuses and even your alternator. When did this happen? Maybe let your car dry out a few days first and run it a little. I have had my alternator wet before and its acted up for a day or two.

Thanks man I really appreciate your input.....I might of gotten my wires wet or my timing belt might be a little loose. I just hope its something minor. I think I need the rotary air control vac...but don't feel like dishing out the mula !

Last edited:
What's a good intake manifold and exhaust system to get with the H22A ?

You mean aftermarket? Skunk2 has a good manifold. For exhaust look up some youtube videos and hear what other people have and its sound and pitch. Thats what i did and my HKS sounds awesome, much less fart, more S2000 sounding from Too fast too furious.

Back