I need some Advice

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BigJ

I'm just about that action Boss.
VIP
Ok I have a dilemma. My distributor on my d16z6 in my crx is making some crazy noises. I know its about to go, but I'm not sure what to replace it with since it was ghettoed on.

The guy before me took a stock dx one and cut the ends off the bolt holes and flipped it like 170 degrees and plugged it in. It runs, but not the best, you can tell the timing is off. What distributor do I need to buy? I might have access at a brand new zc one if that matters.

I also need to do an MPFI conversion. I already got a Intake manifold and fuel rail off a d16a6, but what else do I need to make it work on this motor? Should I buy a whole si body harness and replace that, my ecu, and engine harness along with providing a resistor box? My friend did this on his ls swap, to make it plug and play, but I'm thinking this will be way too much work and way too high of a price. I've read on doing the mpfi harness conversion using the dx harness but do I keep my stock ecu or what? I really am lost in what I need to make this done right. I really do not want to do a hack job, but I'm not a big fan of pulling pins on the ecu, and my swap guy isn't available, or seems to be lost. Can someone please steer me in the right direction?

And please, don't give me the same bs that n00bs are given like do research, or this is beaten to death, google, etc. I have read a good amount, but I'm kind of lost on what would be best and to make it most cost efficient.

Thanks in advance for helpful replies.

Here is how the distributor thing goes, you have use a dx one. (I have 2 or 3 of them I can sell dirt cheap) When you do the mpfi swap you will have to use the si distributor. Do the mpfi swap, or wire for obd1. The mpfi swap sounds hard but its not. The wiring does nt take that long and as long as you take your time and follow each instruction you will be fine. You will need the resistor box, si distributor, si manfold, tb, fuel injectors, si ecu, wire, solder, and there might be some other parts I know this topic comes up daily.

So Will the Si distributor bolt up to my d16z6 motor? That's great.

So I pretty much need, Si ecu, dizzy, and resister box since I already have the Complete intakemanifold with the injectors?

I'm going to do this hopefully this coming week, I just need to source parts if that's all needed.

snap some picutres too please... for visual aid for myself...

Im not sure if we have one or not on here. On the other hand, who cares... do it for you. I didnt do the AT - MT Swap for hondaswap, I didnt for my self! :toot: my own :toot:. And was nice enough to give it to Brian.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@May 9 2004, 07:45 PM
So Will the Si distributor bolt up to my d16z6 motor? That's great.

So I pretty much need, Si ecu, dizzy, and resister box since I already have the Complete intakemanifold with the injectors?

I'm going to do this hopefully this coming week, I just need to source parts if that's all needed.

I havent done this in 2 years so I don't remember everything. The si dist will not bolt up. You have to a. engineer it to fit like the dx one was done. Look into some of the articles over the net. Sport compact car did a great write up on this, try to find that and check their parts list. Maasey has a nice wiring diagram that he has posted in a few other dpfi-mpfi swap posts.

Back