i need some advise, anyone got some spare time?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

If you have MR2 on the brain, you can't substitute.

Since you guys are all talking about engine swaps, I guess this would be the best place to ask...I have a 94 civic ex with D15B. I read that engine swap 101, and it said to swap a b16a2 into a 5th gen civic all you need is hasport shift linkage, SIR II, and wire in v-tech.. I dont know what SIR II is . Can somebody please tell me what it is and what is everything that I need to to do the swap...

Since you guys are all talking about engine swaps, I guess this would be the best place to ask...I have a 94 civic ex with D15B. I read that engine swap 101, and it said to swap a b16a2 into a 5th gen civic all you need is hasport shift linkage, SIR II, and wire in v-tech.. I dont know what SIR II is . Can somebody please tell me what it is and what is everything that I need to to do the swap...

I'm normally really cool with this sort of stuff... but why the HELL would you post this in this thread ?

I'm normally really cool with this sort of stuff... but why the HELL would you post this in this thread ?

yeah, i tend to agree with celerity (for once). This question belongs in a new thread. ;)

Im new give me a break. It wont let me post a new thread, my bad its not the end of the world. I thought you guys were nice about helping ppl out..All I wanted was to get my questions answered not a lecture about me posting in the wrong area mispelling something..

I'm sorry if you took my comment as being mean. If it was a spelling error then that's perfectly fine.

About posting your question in someone else's thread, that is called thread jacking. Nobody likes it when someone posts their own question somewhere else than their own thread.

Everybody here is trying to help you. They are trying to tell you what to do now so you don't make mistakes like this in the future.

i think ive figured it out

ok now.. i think ive got it... ive been online looken at cars and parts, and i think i have an idea on where i wanna go, now i know ive been bouncing around alot and i appriciate everyone stickin with me, im lookin at a civic dx hatch(any year) and ill do a motor swap, im thinkin of the h22a1 2.2l dohc vtec engine out of a prelude si.... i think that would be the way i wanna go, parts are widley avaliable for that engine (that was the mistake i made with the saturn purchase), and the base car is reletivly cheap.. how does that sound??

buy a k20a swapped hatch. gut it, bam, 12.8's with radials... then again thats about 10k haha.

didnt audiophile run a 12.9 with a nitrous'd b16 ef and some radials?

Get an Si ef (500-1000), good tires/wheels (only need two, 500), b16 with lsd (1800 from hmotors) totaling, 3300. Nitrous would be about 600-800, but i dont trust nitrous.

Back