I need some good suggestions on some cheap LSDs

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRAZYEG9

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans Ms">Yo I know some of ya'll know some cheap LSDs out there I couls get for my B16 tranny. I was thinking OBX, or type R, but I heard type R won't bolt into a B16 S4C tranny. I heard only the GSR is compatible with the type R tranny when it comes to switching diffs, I think cause of the B16 ring gear being smaller. Ya'll give me some suggestions and give me details on the different diffs. My budget for a diff isabout 400 so shit like Quaife is automatically eliminated. Also it must be a diff that can handle alot of everyday driving meaning a whole lota U turns and shit. Let me know ya'll.
Also does anyone know if OBX fixed that defect they had with the axles getting stuck in the diffs. Let me know cause I think I'm leaning towards OBX.
</span>

Wait until you can afford something good quality. Quaife or Kaaz is the way to go. Why bother putting crappy parts in your car? Its just going to hurt performance.

Are you calling OBX's lsd crap? Do you know anyone who has used a OBX lsd?

I do. These are all local racers to the Kansas City area. A 600+whp civic (only installed for 1yr so far), an all motor b16, and several 400+whp civics and integras. All run an OBX lsd, and havent had a single problem with it since it was installed. An NHRA racers is building what he hopes for a 700+whp 2.4l Integra @35psi, and hes going to trust an OBX.

OBX is a copycat company. they buy, and copy the item, then resell it under their name. True, alot of their tubed metal products suck, and other things i wouldnt trust. But their lsd's are proven without failure. The reason Kaaz and Quaife charge soo much, is because they know people will buy it because theres no other options for people who want good lsd's...til now.

I personally have an OBX LSD on order for my cable B16, and $375 shipped is a price that cant be beat.

So, i say, get an obx.

well. .. OBX gave themselves a bad name by puttin out shitty products

I saw some website's disection of the OBX LSD and they found the parts to be sub par quality. Now, perhapse it works, but I'm just saying you are not going to get the same quality as you will with Kaaz or Quaife. I guess the price difference is large enough that if it breaks you could just go buy annother one and it'd still be cheaper than the Quaife.

Back