1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need some help dudes

Discussion in 'Integra' started by mistakenprophet, Aug 11, 2006.

1. mistakenprophet

mistakenprophet New Member

Alright .. i have a 2000 Integra LS that i want to put an H22 swap in it and i have no idea what i need for the swap ....

2. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

Why dont you just do an LS/VTEC? Thats what I would do unless there's something wrong with your current motor.

3. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

the h22 is not a pointless swap, there are easier ones, but hell, its still decent gains.

4. skee10

skee10 skee10

hey im jeremy... just joined the site the other day...just figured id say whats up...

5. BrutalB83

BrutalB83 Brutal Moderator Moderator VIP

And why did you decide to introduce yourself in the middle of a technical thread? You should post this kind of thing in the "Member's Lounge" section.

Yeah I know it's not pointless, but I just wanted to point out that he could do an LS/VTEC and get decent gains as well, without needing to spend the money on a whole new motor and transmission, mounts, and probably front suspension too. And I know you have to do some cutting to make the H22 tranny fit in an EG/DC chassis, so that's a consideration as well.

But if you're set on the H22, then yeah it's a good motor for bolt in and go power.

6. tecdippin03

tecdippin03 New Member

u could get the h22 but the weight would mess up your handling...and for the money youll put in too a h22 you could just buy a vtec head like a b16 or gsr head and save way more money and weight and still have money left over for performance parts...just sayin

7. reikoshea

reikoshea HS Troll...And Mod Moderator VIP

i dont know why everyone makes such a huge deal outa the extra 20 lbs the h22 has over the gsr...its so freakin stupid its mind boggling. I carry more weight in books than the engine adds. why doesnt anyone make a big deal about sub boxes and shit in their car...they add just as much extra weight?

The h22 is a good swap, its hard than others, but in the end youll probably end up in the same power neighborhood.

and while the engine is out, type s pistons and eagle rods (cause the stock ones have a larger wrist pin) are only a 500 dollar upgrade...that and some good cams will give you a really nice car.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted