I need some help...Video of problem

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

87Accord

"Große Kugeln"
Hello, I made a 5 min video of the accord. It seems to want to stall out within seconds after a warm start. This is a cold start so naturally, the engine will stay on. I have the ignition system (coil, rotor, plugs, wires, etc.), a carb overhaul kit, fuel filter, fuel filler neck, and other things that I can't think of on order... Any help is appreciated!

YouTube - ‪1987 Honda Accord‬‏

I dont know much about carbs on these things but you mentioned 2 things that caught my ATTENTION. You have a active misfire, and you need/want a carb rebuild.

I would say fix the spark plug issue and see if that fixes your misfire. if its still acting up its more than likely a fuel related issue due to the carb and your over haul should fix it. good luck and i know this wasn't a technical answer, but should put your mind at ease until your parts arrive...

ill be reading to see what happends

Yeah, I worked in a John Deere shop a while back, so I would think I would know a thing or two about carbs, but no. My rebuild kit will be here tomorrow, and the ignition system will come in several shipments over the next couple of days. Thanks for the input too. I will keep everyone updated.

Back