I need some info on MS office serials...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

alright, first off, i am NOT asking for links to any sites w/ serials since its against the rules. What i simply need to know is this:

I know a while back Microsoft did some shit that pretty much made pirated copies of windows and other programs useless pretty much. i know a few people running them, and they have had all kinds of popups and such saying that they have an illegal copy. So, does this mean that if i find some serials for Office 2003, that they won't work? The reason is that i need them to register Office on my moms new laptop she bought. it already has the software installed, it just needs the serials put in.

any advice would be appreciated. and, i don't think this is going against any rules, but if it is, then let me know and i'll correct it.

depends :)

they need to be activated. best bet is to torrent an enterprise or volume license edition. then you get the full office set of programs (there are like 7 total) and no activation.

my old roommate had a cd a while back that had every microsoft program on it and you just clicked on each and it would install and do everything automatically, no entering serials or anything. is that what you are talking about?

is there a way to look in office programs and see what serial was entered in mine?

she didn't buy it. the software came preinstalled on a Toshiba laptop. when you start up an office program, it gives you the option of entering a serial key or using it as a trial.

Or just download OpenOffice. Its free(like, legal free) and does the same dang thing.

Its not like I care either way, but its freakin free.

Back