I need some opinions here

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

ok i have a couple questions here. a freind of mine is deciding what swap to do in his CRX. The swap is gonna go into a 90 DX CRX. I am here in CA, and the car is going to HAVE to be BAR certified or whatever, so it can be legally smogged. So that is where the problem starts. my friend wants something around 200 hp, so that he can keep it with just the basic boltons and not much else. we have came up with two options.

--first one is the one i like the best. a B18C5 or B18cR. the problem here is that the motor is OBD2, so the car will have to be converted to OBD2 for the BAR stuff. now i know that is a pain in the ass, so i would like to know what exactly has to be done, dont give an answer like "a bunch of shit" either. oh and does anyone know about aftermarket conversion harnesses, i know they are common for OBD0-1 swaps, but not 0-2.

--option 2. an OBD1 H22. yea yea, dont tell me about understeer, i already know, and the next thing of the car is going to be a good suspension, so save it. And yes i know that the frame has to be dented to fit the motor. the thing is, this swap is like half the price of the Type R, so thats good, and its obd1 so thats easier. the only thing i can think of that might pose a problem is axles and mounts. I already asked that question and Brian11one said prelude inners and Teg outers. anyone else know if that will that work? and Hasport doesnt make mounts for this swap, does anyone else?

BTW i searched and could not find any good info to answer my Q's

if anyone can help out that would be great.

thanks

If hes willing to spend that much for the swap, why not get an ls, ls/v-tec, or a b16 with a CARB legal tubo kit or something. dont know if ur friend wants to go turbo or not but thats my opinion.

LS/VTEC is out of the question because head swaps are illegal in CA. and no turbo because he just wants to stay NA.

This is why i hate the EF forum, all kinds of dumbasses that browse and never reply. this sucks. 42 views and two replies, one of them being mine.

Back