I need some picnic ideas

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Dustin_m

I didnt want to threadjack the July 4th thread, but me and the gf are going to do a little picnic thing. San Diego beaches suck for the most part on the 4th because there's so many people on them, so we are going to go to a pretty cool spot where we can see all the fireworks from up high.

She wants to do a picnic thing, and i thought that'd be cool, but i was wondering if you guys got any ideas for what to put together in the basket. I don't want to do some regular picnic foods like sandwiches, but getting hot food is gonna be a pain, and will suck once its cold. I was thinking maybe sushi or something.

ideas?

sushi on the beach FTL. hot sushi sucks as bad as cold hot food.

I'd suggest bite size things. don't make full sandwhiches... do some apps, and bite size stuff.

oh, and bring yogi

hit up Mt. Soledad in La Jolla.. its got an excellent view.. you'll know it from the big ass cross on the top of the mountain

sushi on the beach FTL. hot sushi sucks as bad as cold hot food.

I'd suggest bite size things. don't make full sandwhiches... do some apps, and bite size stuff.

oh, and bring yogi
Won't be at the beach. i hate tourist beaches and crowds of people. Yogi?

don't forget the patron!! :D
the reason we are doing this is so we don't have to drink. well atleast no more than 1 max for me. i've already been through teh dui thing and it sucks

fried chicken
umm,no. gonna get my fill of fried foods at the fair tonight. besides she won't eat that shit, she eats like a damn rabbit

hit up Mt. Soledad in La Jolla.. its got an excellent view.. you'll know it from the big ass cross on the top of the mountain
yea, i've been there. We are going to try to get the lifeguard spot at Black's. its a wooden platform that cantilevers out over the cliff, about 300 feet above the beach.

i know where you're talking about.. haha.. gonna check out some naked old men?? hahaha..
haha. hell no. but hopefuly there will be some people surfing to watch, its about head high right now.

i lived there for a summer but my best friend has lived in Del Mar for years.. i made the mistake when i first moved there by exploring down the cliff.. .. when i hit the beach i realized that it was Blacks because of a story he told me from when they were surfing they washed up on the nude section.. .. i still walked down the beach and back, then back up that steep ass cliff

i haven't ever seen any naked people there, but i don't really go down to the beach much, i just stay up top. I don't have the balls to go surf in the water there, its so deep, great white territory.

i used to swim out past the waves at a beach in La Jolla.. no board.. just me and the water.. hah.. dolphins would swim past..

yea, the shores or scripps. i always see dolphins out. I surf at IB a lot now. the pollution scares people away, but the waves there are sick, lol. I remember the first time i was out and saw dolphins i panicked and swam like a bitch back to shore.

swimming with no board is fun, especially with fins.

no fins either.. ahhaha.. its was a pain in the ass getting back to shore.. but i made it.. i just tried to ride the waves back

no fins either.. ahhaha.. its was a pain in the ass getting back to shore.. but i made it.. i just tried to ride the waves back
lol. i remember i used to do that, and tried to bodyboard w/ no fins, it was pathetic, i couldn't catch any waves.

Back