I need someone who knows something about a 91 civic jdm

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

intheearlyhours

Ok please read all of this before you post reply.

Ok i have a 1991 Honda Civic (not CRX) Jdm Z/C DOHC. My problem is that when i have the number 1 cylinder plugged in as i should it backfires through what sounds like the exhaust manifold. I have replaced the Dizzy about 6 months ago i have new plugs and wires, i checked the timing 3 times (ITS RIGHT). Someone once told me it could be a number 1 cylinder sensor or something, but than someone else said that they NEVER go bad. When i unplug the injector or just pull the wire from the number 1 cylinder it does not backfire just runs slow. and heres the thing. If i run it on 3 cylinders for about 2 days and than plug the number 1 back in it wont backfire for about 2 hours of driving. Please Please Please help me im so sick of this car right now.

Hit me up on my email also brandonniblock@yahoo.com or my AIM- mrbangbangsir

p.s. this is not a new swap i have been driving it for about a year or longer

Last edited:
did this problem start when you changed plugs and wires? what kind of plugs and wires do you have? anything other than NGK plugs and OEM wires will cause problems

have you checked the fuel injector on the number 1 cylinder? unplug the connector - set the ohm meter to the lowest setting (200?) - measure resistance between the 2 terminals on the injector itself - should be 1.5 to 2.5 ohms - if not, the injector is bad

Ok i did it with the car off and it did nothing and with the car on i got anywhere from 2.0 up tp 4.0 on the setting of 200OHMs

Last edited:
you test power coming from the plug..and it sounds to me like your is F-ed up.
dumping too much fuel into cylinder 1...

91-11-100-1.jpg

91-11-101-1.jpg

91-11-102-1.jpg

91-11-103-1.jpg

91-11-105-1.jpg

CYP Sensor. Open up your dizzy. The sensor is inside your distributor. try probing pin b11 to the orange wire on the distributor and pin b12 to the white wire on your distributor. if it has continuity your fine this will just make sure the wiring is in good shape. if it isnt fix the wiring otherwise you will need a new distributor

not yet it really doesnt make sense for it to be that. or does it? I mean the problem i have is backfiring with number 1 cyl on. I also need to buy a new ohm reader mine broke.

Back