I need to clean myself....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

that guy's drifts weren't even that good. Only one that was worth while was the last one.

I loved the elise though!

Originally posted by Calesta@Aug 2 2004, 11:20 AM
Was that an Exige sitting there in the weeds?
[post=371418]Quoted post[/post]​

Mike, Exige's are hard tops. that is an elise.

here is an exige...

s4082e1b155759.jpg

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 2 2004, 11:31 AM
Exige >>> Elise.
[post=371423]Quoted post[/post]​

I've seen both in person, but I have only seen the Exige driven (and that includes on a race track) they are insane cars. I think that the Elise is a tad smaller. That would be the one that I would want.

Smaller the better!

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 2 2004, 10:33 AM-->
@Aug 2 2004, 11:31 AM
Exige >>> Elise.
[post=371423]Quoted post[/post]​

I've seen both in person, but I have only seen the Exige driven (and that includes on a race track) they are insane cars. I think that the Elise is a tad smaller. That would be the one that I would want.

Smaller the better!
[post=371425]Quoted post[/post]​

Selling the sol for a Miata in the near future? :p

The Elise is stupid light, I believe the Exige has more power, but as far as handling, I think the Elise tops it. I'll just get one of each and let you know how it goes :)

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 2 2004, 11:40 AM

[post=371433]Quoted post[/post]​

I will be eventually. I love the miata's. Maybe in a year or 2 I will buy one. Not only do they handle better then my sol (stock miata vs moded honda) the rwd is great. First time I test drove it, I accidently drifted it. Not bad for a 142hp car.

They aren't bad at all, but there is NO way I can drive one. 6'1, 240 lbs...I drove Miatas at the Marriott, they made the inside of a sol look like an Excursion. 1.8 litre DOHC + rwd on that car is awesome, tho.

Originally posted by Havok@Aug 2 2004, 11:53 AM
They aren't bad at all, but there is NO way I can drive one. 6'1, 240 lbs...I drove Miatas at the Marriott, they made the inside of a sol look like an Excursion. 1.8 litre DOHC + rwd on that car is awesome, tho.
[post=371438]Quoted post[/post]​

I am 6' 150 lbs, with kinda small sholders, and pretty short legs. The miata fit me fine. I did test drive it with the top on (it was just starting to rain + I couldn't figure out how to unlatch the top) and it defently was a confiend feeling. The sol's interior is Huge for what it is.

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 2 2004, 10:50 AM-->
@Aug 2 2004, 11:40 AM

I will be eventually. I love the miata's. Maybe in a year or 2 I will buy one. Not only do they handle better then my sol (stock miata vs moded honda) the rwd is great. First time I test drove it, I accidently drifted it. Not bad for a 142hp car.
[post=371435]Quoted post[/post]​

The new mazda speed, turbo'd one will be nice. :)

weee

Originally posted by asmallsol+Aug 2 2004, 10:22 AM-->
@Aug 2 2004, 11:20 AM
Was that an Exige sitting there in the weeds?
[post=371418]Quoted post[/post]​

Mike, Exige's are hard tops. that is an elise.

here is an exige...

[post=371421]Quoted post[/post]​

Ah, ok- they're a bit too similar at first glance... I only watched the video once. Now I know what the difference is. :)

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Aug 2 2004, 08:14 AM-->
Originally posted by asmallsol@Aug 2 2004, 10:50 AM
Havok
@Aug 2 2004, 11:40 AM

[post=371435]Quoted post[/post]​

The new mazda speed, turbo'd one will be nice. :)

weee
[post=371453]Quoted post[/post]​

I have my miata and love it, I bought the car bone stock, and it out handled my modded civic stock. Now I just put my Bilstein/Eibach/groud Control set up on with racing beat sway bars and it is one of the best handling cars I have driven. Although I would love to own an exige and slap a type R motor in it. Oh well maybe when I graduate, until then I have a miata.

Back