1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to know what you can get away with....

Discussion in 'Forced Induction' started by orosco, Feb 3, 2005.

1. orosco

orosco Member

i have a teg with about 110K on it and want to do a turbo...the engine now isnt all to strong. I have all your basic mods now. I assume If i do I will crack my block on my stock teg LS..Do i need to go all out of sleeve the block, put in Je pistons and forged rods etc or would simply rebuilding the motor be ok. I would plan on running a medium boost of 10lbs...I just dont want to kill the car which is why i ask this question..I guess im trying to save a buck or 2...I was thinking about a Jackson, but to many bad complaints about them....i do understand that i will need bigger injectors, act clutch etc and other mods to handle the turbo..
    thanks guys
    steve

2. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

sc's suck :) go turbo.

psi is not a goal. its a pressure level.

set yourself a realistic pwer goal --- say 250 whp.
    then, use how ever many psi it takes to get you there.

psi doesn't break motors- horsepower does.

under 300, you don't need to sleeve--- SO LONG as you are tuned properly with a management system like uberdata/hondata/aem/etc. avoid at all costs the vafc hack, fmu's and other piggy back craps.

doing forged internals (pistons/rods) you will be good well into the high 250's/low 300s with a solid, conservative tune.

also, look into doing some headwork. the ls head is a big bottle neck. you can easily pick up 25 hp on a turbo ls with a basic port/polish job.

3. 92civicb18b1

92civicb18b1 The Trisexual

Yup, I agree completely.

Although I did use the afc hack for a while and still made good numbers. I will be using uberdata hopefully on my new build.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted