I need to make an exhaust...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

92civicb18b1

The Trisexual
For the Audi...

Since it's a V6 it has dual pipes most of the way back, probably about 1.75". What do ya'll think?

Like this kinda, don't mind my crappy paint diagram ->
wMTEwMjY2MzZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Keep it dual pipe until a mid positioned resonator then 3" back?

wMTEwMjY2NjZzNDEzZGZkMzF5NTQx.jpg

Or keep it dual pipe all the way back with two resonators, 1 muffler?

I have to actually look into it a little more, but I'm thinking my second choice is the best. The cats are going to be removed.

That's kinda like how my Q45 was. It was dual exhaust all the way back to the muffler.

For your situation I think your second diagram would probably work best.

I agree, resonator then muffler, two inch pipe should work up to the resonator. and if you are planning on running the exhaust down the center that is cool too.

30v on v6 seems stranger...how does 5v per cyl work?

Seems to work well with the 20v 4age silvertop

of course it comes stock with ITBs and a tuned header.

I would imagine it would be 3 smaller intake valves and 2 larger exhaust valves.

Yes, its the LS of the V6 Audis.

I believe it has 3 Intake and 2 Exhuast and I think it may be quad cammed.

I can't find a picture right now.

yep.

The 12V is perfect for reliablitly and with mine turning 178k in sound condition. I can't complain. Although 172 hp isn't really cuttin it anymore.

And since I have a 96, there is no aftermarket support and the hitachi ECU is "untuneable", standalone would be the only option. The 30V gets a SC kit, which brings it up to 300AWhp/300AWtq. But at 5k, I dunno if it's worth it, the 30V's have 190 crank hp so its about a 125-130 hp increase.

Quoted post[/post]]
12 valves on a V6? Gatdamn. Talk about a head flow problem...

uh... how many valves per cyl does your 460 have?

almost all older motors were 2 valve per cyl... and quite a few still are

I think the best way, personally is 3 per cyl... and I like high revving light cars so 2 intake and 1 exhaust is best... with the sparkplug going straight into the cylinder

yea...but it's an Audi. That's slightly dissappointing. Although it does make decent power for a 12V V6...172 hp

Back