1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I need to put my D16A1 into a 1989 civic hb

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by xips(86CRXSI), Dec 7, 2006.

1. xips(86CRXSI)

xips(86CRXSI) New Member

I just got a 1989 civic hb and it was converted to a si with a supercharger, but the guy took off the supercharger and intake, the engine in it is a 1.6 so I need some direction on what's next, I did not see the injector wiring but the lighting was bad. need to get running with the D16A1 engine that i all ready have. Thanks

2. burn0ut_42o

burn0ut_42o New Member

lol

3. xips(86CRXSI)

xips(86CRXSI) New Member

So if I relocate the mount location on the driver side and fab up a mount for the trans will the other mounts line up? I work in a metal fab shop so doing some fabrication is not a problem. But I need to know what is involved in wiring the motor?
    I was never able to finish the wiring when I had the motor in my 86 crx si, I hope its easer with this civic I was told that the wiring is the same for the 88-91 si civic and the 88 D16A1 teg motor. And I just found out today that the car is a canada model that's the ef right? Thanks guys.

There is a possibility that I might be getting a built b16 with gsr cams tsw pistons and eagle rods, with a lsd trans, all in a wrecked 90 hb ef. but if the deal doe's not go trough I will be puttin this engine in. If the deal go's trough, then I have no questions, other than how do I hook the nitrus that's in the 90 hb I'm trying to get.

Last edited: Dec 7, 2006
  4. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

the wiring for the 88-91 Si is not the same as the 88 D16A1 - the D16A1 has the Cylinder Sensor on the end of the exhaust camshaft and the Si has it in the distributor - you would need to do some wiring changes - the Integra transmission mounts are not anywhere close to where the 88-91 CRX/Civic transmission mounts are located - you would be better off trying to use the 88-91 CRX/Civic transmission - all that said, Blanco is correct - "Not worth the effort" - but, it has been done many times before

5. xips(86CRXSI)

xips(86CRXSI) New Member

So the wire's for the cylinder sensor need to be moved to end of the exhaust camshaft? Is this something that would need to be changed if this was a dohc zc? Is that the only difference? Is there any other wiring changes that need to be made? And will the front core support engine mount and the rear engine/trans mount bolt up?

Last edited: Dec 9, 2006
  6. jlicrx

jlicrx Senior Member

yes, same changes as for DOHC ZC
    that should be it
    yes, if you use the 88-91 CRX/Civic transmission

you will have a problem with the starter attachment - the 88-91 CRX/Civic starter has two attaching bolts - one attaches to the transmission and one goes thru a hole in the transmission case and attaches to the back of the block - the D16A1 block does not have a hole for attaching the starter - you could try threading the hole in the transmission case and using a larger bolt to also attach the second bolt to the transmission itself - you will need to use the 88-91 CRX/Civic flywheel as the pilot bearing needed to support the CRX/Civic transmission input shaft will not fit in the D16A1 flywheel

7. xips(86CRXSI)

xips(86CRXSI) New Member

O Hell Yeah Yes Yes Yes , I Got This Wrecked 90 Ef Hb With A Built B16, 27k Sleeved Block , Eagle Rods , Type R Pistons , Gsr Cams , Red Lines At 9000 , 100 Hp Shot Of Nos, L S D Trans Regeared , 27k On It Too. Yes Yes Yes! Can Someone Tell Me How Much This Should Of Cost Me? Thanks. And What Would Be Better, A Super Charger Or Turbo? Not In To Nos That Much. Even Though This Motor Can Take It.

8. iwant2drivefast

iwant2drivefast Junior Member

Are you looking to get rid of the D16 now that you have a different engine? Is the valve cover brown or black on the D16? If you do want to get rid of it let me know how much?

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted