I need your help.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Tonyd0821@Jul 9 2004, 01:22 AM
unless all those elements are met, there is no K. So in short, NOT ALL oral K's are enforceable.

Well in my line of business (selling antiques), keeping your word is key to your good reputation. A simple oral agreement sans a handshake or signature is commonplace at the flea markets, shows, shops and on the phone. You break your word once, and your reputation is ruined. Word gets around. There is actually code of honor amongst us "thieves"...

eBay has mucked things up in terms of our collective sense of selling morals. Anyone can list on eBay and they are all out for themselves. If I list something online, I never end the auction early... for any reason. But I know that there are many unscruplous people that email the sellers to end the auctions of good things early with high offers, or even after an auction ends, and they didn't win the auction, they will email the sellers with more tempting offers. Or there are sellers that will put in their description a disclaimer that they have the right to end their auctions early if they don't like the going price or are willing to listen to offers during the auction. I will just avoid these auctions. The sellers that ignore these temptations have PRINCIPLES... but I am sad that there are asshats out there that have soured the marketplace.

And don't get me started on the kids listing their cars on eBay with a "no reserve" format to get tons of bids, but repeatedly pull the auctions at the end because they are not happy with the price their car is at. Well thanks to people like that, the Motors section of eBay is not to be trusted. :angry:

Well my biggest issue with this asshat that backed out of purchasing Ji's hood, is that he didn't have the balls to tell Ji that he changed his mind on buying it. I just don't understand why he couldn't manage a simple phonecall of "I'm sorry man, I found a cheaper one"... this guy lives in PA... safely many hours away from VT. What an inconsiderate chickenshit of a human being!!!!

Now I'm too lazy to go read the threads on the other boards, but I do have some other observations to make about the classifieds on these boards. Yes, I am irritated when sellers won't post their asking price for items in their ads and just PM the interested parties.. on the other hand, there are people that read the ads that are too lazy to make their own ads or don't know what to price their shit at. So when someone posts interest in these ads, they get contacted not only by the original seller, but others with offers of the same thing, but for cheaper.

So I'm thinking that there is a second jerk somewhere that saw that the PA guy was willing to buy Ji's hood for $325 and offered him one for less... then maybe the this PA guy wanted to make sure this hood was for real and in good condition, before passing officially on buying Ji's... but didn't count on Ji's reaction (which was no surprise to the rest of us HondaSwappers :lol: ).

Anyway Ji, I'm really sorry that this PA guy flaked out on you and wasted your time like this... although it's been very entertaining for the rest of us. How about I PayPal you $5 for last evening's entertainment fee? :p

Originally posted by TurboMirage@Jul 9 2004, 08:34 AM

maybe posting his info up was a bit extreme... but i feel you are correct about the principle.

having someone take a day off work to finish a deal and not showning up
thats extreme

i'd call him but i like to stay away from johnny law
prank calls or harassing calls across state lines is a fed offense

I had something similar happen about 5 years ago. I was selling a 25' sailboat and this guy (fairly local) calls up and schedules an appointment to look at it for the following day.

He shows up 45 minutes late with booze on his breath. :angry:

He expresses interest, but wants to see some more supplies that go with the boat at my house. So we schedule another day for him to arrive to check that stuff out.

He shows up an hour late with booze on his breath. :angry:

But, he still expresses interest and says he just needs to clear it with his wife. He says he'll call me the next day with a yes/no answer.

Next day, no phone call. :angry:

I call HIM the day after that with a very polite wtf. He says he WANTS TO BUY THE BOAT and will call me the following day with an offer.

Following day, no phone call. :angry:

I call him at about 9:30 p.m. and get his answering machine and leave a message.

No phone back. EVER. I called and left about 10 messages and he never returned one. I was pissed, and I'm getting pissed now writing about it!

If these people would just fucking communicate. It's not that difficult.

No, Martine, payment isn't nessicary. The show's always free. lol... As for the guy in PA... yet another reason for me to hate people from PA. See? I told you... every motherfucker living in that state is a fuckhole.

Chip- Was it a Bluenose class racing sloop? Those are probably my favorite 25' sailboats. Well, they're really 24' LOA, but who's counting? :)

added to the buddy list. as soon as he's online... i'm so gonna show him love from a blonde girl. compton style

everyone just grow the fuck up.

seriously.

its human nature. whats the big deal?

havent you people realized that NOT EVERYONE in this country shows courtesy in business dealings?

Im not saying what he did to loco was right, but rather its just human nature.

if i got mad over every single non-paying bidder (someone who bids on my auctions on ebay, then turns around and NEVER pays) i would need psychiatric help.

people fucking suck.

sooner you guys realize that, the better off you all will be.

Also, this situation should serve to Ji as a lesson in doing business deals with the general public....

im not saying there is anything Ji coulda done (i dont know, nor care to know all the particulars about the deal), but as the old adage goes:

once bitten, twice shy.

if that was me, I woulda washed the hood on my front lawn with some dishwashing soap. Then i woulda scheduled the pickup date on a time that i didnt need to be at work. sunday morning? im sure there is some point in the week that ji was not busy. then if they guy does come down, i woulda stored his hood at my place and either dumped it behind the local supermarket or got my buddy to pick it up at a later date.

thats how i woulda handled the situation.

ALTHOUGH, being the fact that i AM tonyd....

I woulda thrown a little "fuck you" back towards the guy and added my own little touch....

I woulda called him and told him he could take my hood for free (after the fact he stood me up) woulda made him drive down to a fake address just to get even.

no that is not professional, no that is not moral....but hey, its ME we are talking about :p

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 9 2004, 05:13 PM
No, Martine, payment isn't nessicary. The show's always free. lol... As for the guy in PA... yet another reason for me to hate people from PA. See? I told you... every motherfucker living in that state is a fuckhole.

Chip- Was it a Bluenose class racing sloop? Those are probably my favorite 25' sailboats. Well, they're really 24' LOA, but who's counting? :)

Nope. A Morgan 24 (actually 25' LOA). Made in the late 60s early 70s. Mine was a 1970. Great boat, as far as plastic boats go. I eventually sold it and have regretted it ever since.

It was indeed a sloop, however.

The best two days of owning a boat the day you buy it and the day you sell it. I wish my boat worked.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jul 9 2004, 06:13 PM

Add me to that list as of 8/1

Originally posted by Havok@Jul 9 2004, 12:41 AM
His name is Chris G. Leh. If someone can call and say the last name and see if he responds to it, we got the address. Looks like he's located in Allentown, PA.

if this is tru i live less than 1/2 hr away...

thi shall do what is ask by thine surpreme honkey of loco

Back