I Quit my freaking job today!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Well, I worded that wrong.. We've got our bills down to a level that we can pay everything with what my wife brings in. We won't be hurting for money at all.. And we won't have to touch the savings account or retirement funds..

We could be set for a while, but not contributing anything toward retirement or college funds, etc.. I will need to work again if I want a comfortable retirement.

I've been doing stuff around the house today that I've been meaning to do for months.. Fixing various things, etc.. Came in for a cool down.. One of my many things is shoveling 12 yards of dirt into place from some heavy duty land scaping I did earlier this year.. Just about got that done. I'm rather enjoing this unemployment thing!

But I'll be back on the job hunt soon. I'm not content with surviving, I want to thrive.

I have used my down time well, too. I decided to attack the jungle of a backyard and now it looks suitable for gardening again. I completely cleaned the kitchen and got the grout to a shiny white again. The only thing I hate is that the carpets are so stained in the living room that I want to rip it out, but I can't do that on my own. It's nice to be able to feel like I can do this stuff. I now think I will remodel the bathrooms. I want to get into laying tile.

I have used my down time well, too. I decided to attack the jungle of a backyard and now it looks suitable for gardening again. I completely cleaned the kitchen and got the grout to a shiny white again. The only thing I hate is that the carpets are so stained in the living room that I want to rip it out, but I can't do that on my own. It's nice to be able to feel like I can do this stuff. I now think I will remodel the bathrooms. I want to get into laying tile.

You'd have to vacuum it first anyway. :D

.. and we know how you're opposed to vacuuming. :ph34r:

What? The single "mom"?

ha... yea that crazy bitch... I cant believe that she actually thinks that the freaking dog is my effin' sister... thats the gay & made of aids!!!

Anywho... one the other hand, its always good to catch up on things around the house... Ive been meaning to re-landscape the front yard and make it look all nice and neat with flowers so I can actually use my sprinkler system and not be watering the freakin' rocks that they never took outta my yard!!

I was just offered to become a "Futurist". More as news develops.

Futurist.

Sounds like its right up there with Toy Tester and Beer Taster.

BTW, if anyone knows of a company hiring for either of those, hit me up!

I applied, noting my extensive 'tasting' of beers across the world. Basically, they want people to invent new brews and also to be able to give good reviews or descriptions.

6+ years as a bondsman, and I've had enough. I've been looking for a reason to leave for the last several months, and was finally given it. My boss finally lost her damn mind, completely.

So, I quit. Its a mixed emotion though.. I want to scream freedom and jump up and down until I pass out, But then again I have a family to take care of.. So I'll be venturing off on the job hunt tomorrow.. Or in a few days, I might take some time off.

Thank goodness our finances are lined out.. We can sail straight through this with no problems at all, I could never work again and we'd be fine.. But I'd go stir crazy after a couple of weeks, so that won't happen.

Anyway, I am no longer a strapped down bondsman. It felt damn good handing the cell phone over! Bye bye ball and chain!
Same boat as you, I quit 2 weeks ago, bitches pissed me off. I was running the place for almost 3 months since the GM quit then as soon as they hired a new GM they hit me with the bs line of "with our occupancy so low, we can't justify having both a GM and AGM position so we're eliminating the AGM position". I ask well are you gonna find another position for me within the company at another property. To which they replied you can stay here as a desk clerk. To which I lost it and flew off the handle and then walked out.

i'm ready to move on my self.... :(
Must be an epidemic, good news is the day I walked out I got an offer for a job that pays $75,000 a year, for a position that is responsible for less than I was doing. Only problem is my commute would be even longer and my girl don't want me working up there cause of the girl we had a lil fun with (don't know if I told ya'll about that episode yet) lives up there, and she's already expressed that she want's me for herself.

Control yourself and be faithful to your girl, and there won't be an issue. long commutes aren't that bad.... its free time to jam out to some music and think about shit or whatever. i really don't mind it now, even though i only do it once a week or so. its nice to just drive for an hour or so

Control yourself and be faithful to your girl, and there won't be an issue. long commutes aren't that bad.... its free time to jam out to some music and think about shit or whatever. i really don't mind it now, even though i only do it once a week or so. its nice to just drive for an hour or so
Yea I told her it's no problem but cause old girl has green eyes she's not gonna let it go. She knows I always wanted a baby by a hispanic girl with blue or green eyes. Here's a pic
l_ad0234bb7f6c0b62a63b9ab69b96acde.jpg

Well my normal commute was an hour and a 20 minutes, the new one would be a lil over 2 hours, which I don't really mind cause like you said it's time to think and be alone

Back