I ran out of Corona.... :( Sake time!!!.....:)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Airjockie

Watanabe Whore!!!
Rest In Peace
didn't get any beer today, so now I'm dipping into the sake and awamori I scored last week...The small bottle was $9, and the larger one is about $30....

DSC00208.JPG

DSC00209.JPG

DSC00210.JPG

a little taste test now....:D

welp, the smaller brown bottle, called Genbei San No Onikoroshi (devil killer), is well...the first swig is an eye opener, goosebumps on the arms arose, and the hard ach face popped out....but, after shaking it off, the next swig went down like water....very smooth and clean...a brisk taste. :cool: I think I will be buying a bigger bottle of this the next time:D

28841.jpg

Wowwzers..:eek: the sec swig was like water...but after a few minutes, and then take a sig...it was back to the alc face....and then back to smooth as water from there on....

Small bottle done....it didn't last long...but I know if I had the big bottle....I would be shit faced in no time. It's not as smooth or dry like Kimbashi, the bottle I killed in Japan, and I still look for it everywhere over here..but this has some great possibilities for a JDM BBQ that I'll plan later this month;)

now onto the Kumejima's Kumesen...the big bottle:p

Okinawan Awamori time!!!!:lol:

Wow!!!!:eek:

Smooth as hell, no bite, no funney faces, and damn it's good. Reminds me of when I was in Okinawa have a time of my life.:( A rich Okinawan awamori, damn...this stuff is nice.

I'm hooked on it already, Mizu-wari de for me( deluted with water) drink a few gulps of water from a bottle, pour in the awamori, and shake....damn I need some ice and this would be mint.:D Perfect summer drink...

leave me to my guinness and my Crown and coke, and I'm good. If I can't read the label, I'm not drinkin it.

whoever said Corona is nasty, you've gotta be nuts.. an ice cold Corona is so refreshing on a hot day..

MikeBergy said:
If I can't read the label, I'm not drinkin it.

Lame excuse.....

DSC00214.JPG

:D remember, this was bought near NY in NJ, so it had to be imported, and one of the importational constrictions requires everything to be relabeled....

ah, gotcha. thought maybe you were desperate for some imbibing, and so pulled out some stuff your wife brought back from Japan. lol. Still, I'll drink vodka before I drink sake. Corona is nasty any way and anywhere you drink it. If I want something light, I'll drink a Hefenweizen.

eg6sir said:
whoever said Corona is nasty, you've gotta be nuts.. an ice cold Corona is so refreshing on a hot day..
You have no taste in beer. Western Europe is for beer, Eastern Europe is for Vodka, and Central/South America is for Tequila. Unless it's a Loaded Corona. Even then, if it was from south of the border I would rather Cabo Wabo.

eg6sir said:

+1 and it's 1 of 2 of the cheaper beers that I can actually stand to drink.

i guess corona is an acquired taste...i love it...especially when you throw that lime in there...but...i also like some good ole bud light...i havent had a chance to venture out and try many foreign beers...but i will one day...lol

Corona is a decent beer, but not for the price. I would rather have a full flavored English or Irish beer for the same price if not cheaper.

hmm. Corona is good with a whole key lime in it, nice and cold. I'd still rather have me a guinness or a Hefe with some lemon, or pilsner urquell (sp?)

and for cheap beer i drink Miller Lite or MGD, its good and only 10.99 for a 20 pack of bottles ar Rite Aid here. I can't stand Anheiser Busch beer, or Coors, uggh.

and if you wanna go really cheap...like when people wanna funnel beers and shit...natural light FTW...lol

97AccorDEx said:
and if you wanna go really cheap...like when people wanna funnel beers and shit...natural light FTW...lol
Natural light is the worst shit ever.

Its up there with beast.

Icy Lights, which is a Pittsburgh beer, is the best light beer I've ever had and I only had it once. They were actually enjoyable to drink and I was sober and don't usually like beer.

Corona
New Castle
Yuengling DRAFTS
Icy Lights

Back