I rarely do this...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

The time has come to replace some dead cow in my AllTrac. 171K miles have shown themselves on the leather seats. What I'm kinda thinking of doing is replacing the grey leather with red on the center of the back rest and seat bottom, as well as change the grey leather patch on the door to red (all with grey stitching. The shift knob has to be redone, and I was thinking about the same black leather with red stitching and change the black stitching in the black leather shift boot to red stitching.

A friend said yes to the stitching, but not to the red leather patches on the doors and front seats. Let's hear some opinions.

Drivers seat bottom (thinking of changing the center part to red leather):
183.JPG

Door panel w/ light grey leather accent (I'm thinking of changing this to red leather):
184.JPG

Front seats (thinking of changing just the center part to red leather and leave the bolsters and back grey):
185.JPG

Kinda gives you an idea of the feel of the interior:
186.JPG

And if you forget what the car looks like:
187.JPG

so your kinda going for the interior style of the blue S4's??? should look ok

someone please photoshop this

have you put any thought into getting rid of the leather for something that grips better??? (took a few rides at the track in cars with leather interior.... slid all over the place... not cool) maybe a suede instead of the smooth leather in there now would work well <_<

i think red interior just looks bad. how much would all this cost? you might be better off going with some aftermarket seats. those look pretty haggard.

Originally posted by SixtySecondAssassin@Aug 6 2003, 02:42 PM
you might be better off going with some aftermarket seats. those look pretty haggard.

agreed

something like this would look very good:

CR1_grey.jpg

E, the seats are surprisingly grippy. They're deeper than they look. The drivers seat has power side bolster and lumbar support, and is height adjustable. It grips me as tight as a Sparco that my friend has. And I'd kinda like to at least keep the stock seats because they're worth so much. Yeah, if they're worth so much, why not keep 'em stock color, eh? Another option was using an alternate fabric to leather in the centers to grip even more. But again, it fits me like a glove...

As for cost, I'd be looking at about $550 for all that done. The seats are in good shape, except for the drivers bottom.

those look like good seats...but they also look the ones on big custom vans (no offense). i would spring for at least a new driverside racing seat.

Sweet, but do you think you could get them darker like the JDM Type R Recaros, and also get that section on the door too? That'd be greeaaaaat, thaaaaaaanks...

I made the red brighter, as from what i can remember type R seats are alot brighter than what the old picture was.

hth - bish :)

loco_seat2.jpg

Originally posted by sisteve@Aug 6 2003, 09:26 PM
I made the red brighter, as from what i can remember type R seats are alot brighter than what the old picture was.

hth - bish :)

loco_seat2.jpg

I think i speak for everyone when i say, your the man at photoshop dude!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

whatever you do, do something different with those headrest supports!
That little aspect makes the whole interior look SUPER dated!

now that i see it ... im not diggin it too much .... go with the stock color

Go with something aftermarket. Have the rear seat recovered to match. Seriously, It'd be cheaper than recovering everything in leather.

I've heard stories of $400+ PER SEAT to replace the leather.

If you DO keep your seats, Might I suggest Black and Red Faux-Suede? It looks much better than the gray, and is alot cheaper, and grippierto boot.

I don't like the grey and red, I would suggest maybe black and red, like SIR Kid Said.

it looks like martha stewart did your interior :lol: j/k...but serioiusly...i dont think its a good color combo. what if u made the inserts black instead of red.

Back