i really need some help with the front brakes

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

91accord I dont think people really mind helping you, but you should get a repair manual for your car. Most of the questions you ask are answered in any manual.

nope fo now the old rotors still on, and im going to get it off asap form a mechanic

usually if you have to ask questions about a swap like that you don't need to do a swap just yet, get on your feet and read up a little before you decide to do anything major like that, becasue its not as easy as 1,2,3 done. Im not ragging on you or anything im just saying, you don't want to get yourself in over our head

Definitely +1 with the haynes manual. They tell you step by step, show pictures, and tell you all the torque specifications.As for the motor swap, i agree. Definitely wait and do some studying. You'll want to have decent knowledge of both motors (the one you're taking out and the one you're putting in) as when you're doing the swap you won't want any surprises.Btw, any luck with the brakes?

Haynes actually has quite a bit of incorrect information in it, specifically the torque values. Get the Helm manual. It has all the correct information in it, along with all the right torque values for every single bolt/nut in the car.

really? I guess that explains why my car won't start after the headgasket swap lol. Or could be the timings off :mellow:

Well... I don't know if Helm prints manuals for Chrysler cars. They do print the official Honda service manuals- so if you work on Hondas (and a few other brands), you should definitely be buying the Helm manuals.

Haynes actually has quite a bit of incorrect information in it, specifically the torque values. Get the Helm manual. It has all the correct information in it, along with all the right torque values for every single bolt/nut in the car.

:werd:

if you look at the 94-97 accord haynes manual it clearly says "each model covered by this book has ABS" Wrong! I have a 97 SE and it states my model but that model DOES NOT have ABS... figured out that out the hard way when i changed my cv axles.... and helms manuals are hard to get your hands on... if you know anywhere i can get one let me know man because im still looking for one...

http://www.helminc.com

Order them straight from Helm. They're generally a little more expensive and VERY specific, so you're not going to find them in a regular parts store. You have to order them online or order them through a Honda/Acura dealer.

I've actually been fine with the haynes for my fwd chrysler. But in some areas it is kind of vague. And it says NOTHING about timing the camshaft. That's really sad for a "total" repair manual to forget something as important as timing.

Oh, the Haynes is definitely still valuable to have- but official factory manuals give you the line drawings straight from the engineering so that you don't have to decipher someone's shrunk down picture, and you get all the engineering approved troubleshooting logic too.

Oh, the Haynes is definitely still valuable to have- but official factory manuals give you the line drawings straight from the engineering so that you don't have to decipher someone's shrunk down picture, and you get all the engineering approved troubleshooting logic too.

exactly, thats what bugs me sometimes when im working out of the haynes/chilton manuals, its to broad on what its talking about and can be extremely misleading if you aren't careful

Back