I suppose I should be happy

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Battle Pope

Well as of Friday, I am 19 years old. Wee-har. Fuckin wasteland of a birthday. Can't legally drink or nothin. Somebody bought me Front Mission 4 though, which is cool cause that game is the shit. I also got some money in the mail which went to my car :p

God I hate 20/20 hindsight.

So far, my total amount of money spent on my car has crested 4 grand. Actually I'm sitting at 4300-odd dollars. Most of which went into a bodykit and paint and shit, which all turned out REALLY good (I'm happy with it). It turns a lot of heads, that's for sure. Now to proceed toward the heart of this rant...

I'm kicking myself for going down the ricer path. I dont consider myself a true ricer, because I have at least some sort of sense (at least I spent the money to get the kit installed and everything painted by a talented professional). I hate myself now because I started off with this car on very much the wrong foot... I was your typical bewildered Honda owner, confused into thinking that "cool" things were aggressive bodykits, huge wings and 18s. At this point, too much money is involved to turn it around and do what I would have been happier with in the first place. I really hate myself sometimes.

A lot of you despise bodykits... but I'll probably post up a few pics when it's 100% done. I'm ready for teh savage hating though, I guess. :(

Its cool. I was the same way, except I wanted an H22 in my integra and whatnot. Then realized it wouldnt happed and most likely I would've hated it.

I just simply converted to a manual and built my LS the way I wanted it. Its your car, fuck these people who trash you and your car.

I never got into the "ricey" side of it all...bout the most rice i got into were those indiglow gauges...either way never had money to do anything about it if i did...but it's cool yo we all make mistakes...at least you don't think rice is "cool"

hahah go fast and the furious. :rice:

The worst part about it is now the bottom of the front bumper and sideskirts are all scraped up because the roads and parking lots are shitty here. Almost makes me sick... I dropped over 4k in the car and it's already tore up.

Happy fuckin birthday to me. <_<

Sell it to some highschool sophomore that'll pay 7k for it. :D

...then buy my GSR hatch for 6 so I can buy an 86 and then you can use the extra grand for a set of cams

7k?! Bullshit! With the amount of work that went into this I expect at least 8k out of it... The problem is finding someone that wants it. I dunno, I don't think I'd be able to go to a hatch. I think I'd have to stay coupe. I want to get away from FWD altogether though.

WEll...just sell it and start over....or continue and get-er-done.

if you can get the 7-8K's for it, find a rust free 87 CRX Si...and dump everything into an engine, turbo, and suspention.....

that alone will put a grin on your face everytime you start it up...

or just spend half for a car, keep it decent and use it as a daily driver...then find a project car and work on it for a few years. and do the project right....240Z....RB26....Silkroad Suspension....Huge Panasport rims...and you'll find that doing a Z is actually easyier than hondas, and sometimes cheaper...

Vear away from AE86's...unless...you can get an actual decent GTS....the swap, the parts, the headaches, the blood...is not worth it. Trust me...I know ;)

I just priced out a rear main seal that I should have ordered, when I did my engine build, and it was only $7....so now I have to pull the trany, pull the clutch, pull the flywheel, and swap that fukin thing out. Plus I was trying to save on the headgasket....no good...it's pissing oil everywhere...so now I got to pull the head and re-do it when I can afford the headgasket...

and the carb's.....god the headaches from them.... :angry:

Z or a CRX...if your tall, you'll thank me ;)

or just keep the car you have, as is...and start another project..as long as your car is running...who cares...

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Aug 24 2004, 04:08 PM
I want to get away from FWD altogether though.
[post=381179]Quoted post[/post]​

Come to the AWDarkside :D

Originally posted by Airjockie+Aug 24 2004, 06:22 PM-->
WEll...just sell it and start over....or continue and get-er-done.

if you can get the 7-8K's for it, find a rust free 87 CRX Si...and dump everything into an engine, turbo, and suspention.....

that alone will put a grin on your face everytime you start it up...

or just spend half for a car, keep it decent and use it as a daily driver...then find a project car and work on it for a few years. and do the project right....240Z....RB26....Silkroad Suspension....Huge Panasport rims...and you'll find that doing a Z is actually easyier than hondas, and sometimes cheaper...

Vear away from AE86's...unless...you can get an actual decent GTS....the swap, the parts, the headaches, the blood...is not worth it. Trust me...I know ;)

I just priced out a rear main seal that I should have ordered, when I did my engine build, and it was only $7....so now I have to pull the trany, pull the clutch, pull the flywheel, and swap that fukin thing out. Plus I was trying to save on the headgasket....no good...it's pissing oil everywhere...so now I got to pull the head and re-do it when I can afford the headgasket...

and the carb's.....god the headaches from them.... :angry:

or just keep the car you have, as is...and start another project..as long as your car is running...who cares...
[post=381186]Quoted post[/post]​

I had an '84 CRX 1500 Automatic and that thing was a champ! I can't go back to something that small though. Z-Car = :thumbsup:

Originally posted by Blanco@Aug 24 2004, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by Airjockie@Aug 24 2004, 06:22 PM
[post=381186]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

I'm 6'5" and I get the strangest looks when I get out of either of my EF hatches. :D
[post=381203]Quoted post[/post]​

Same here with my Gen 1 CRX (I'm 6'2", 240lbs) :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 25 2004, 09:36 AM
Battle Pope
@Aug 24 2004, 04:08 PM
I want to get away from FWD altogether though.
[post=381179]Quoted post[/post]​

Come to the AWDarkside :D
[post=381480]Quoted post[/post]​

You find me a good AWD that I wont need vaseline to insure for under 8k and I'll consider it.

The bad thing is, I also want turbo. Impreza 2.5RS's are nice, but they're NA, and turbokits are expensive.

How about a mid 90's turbo Legacy?

Or a Galant VR-4? They're a tad heavy, but respond very well to mods. Someone on the local SCCA ClubRally is running one with good results.

a couple points here...

you liked it when you got into it, and you still do, otherwise you wouldn't continue. :) it's ok that you wish you had something better, life is like that. i love my car to death, but, i want more from it. FWD does suck, but, i'll do with what i have... and yes.. go AWD. *toot*

another is: the fast and the furious, though a pretty shitty movie, with wrong terminology and points, did create more of an 'ok' feeling in the import crowd. we all went to see it because of the cars... and though we weren't impressed much with the plot etc, we got to see some badass (although overdone) cars. let's give it a LITTLE credit.

i hope you get done what you want to get done, and you get what you want with what you're doing. :) keep us posted, y0!

Originally posted by StarBellieAngel@Aug 25 2004, 10:56 AM
you liked it when you got into it, and you still do, otherwise you wouldn't continue. :)
[post=381531]Quoted post[/post]​

I have to continue. I have to finish the car to get the money I want back out of it. :p

Back