I talked with my mechanic today

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Luded

Ok he wanted to know how long the book time for the swap is or how long total doing everything took yall. also i emailed Honda for all the vacuum diagrams and torque specs but i get bs answer saying buy the helms. I know recked said go to autozone.com but they don't have 92 specs only 95 up. I know its same generation but i dont know if there r ne small changes. If anyone has a link for a site with vacuum diagrams and etc plz let me know. Thanks

Helms.com

And I've done a swap in about half of a day. It all depends on if you know what you're doing or not.

dont i havta pay like 75 bux at helms, he knows what hes doing he has 12 cars he built from ground up been mechanic for 30 years he just needs to know times becuz hes working on other cars and i have no other mean on transportation for work/school

If he knows what he's doing, why does he need a helms?

And what kind of mechanic has to ask you 'Hey, go get on the internet and see how long it takes to swap a motor.'

That sounds...well...retarded.

Ok he wanted to know how long the book time for the swap is or how long total doing everything took yall. also i emailed Honda for all the vacuum diagrams and torque specs but i get bs answer saying buy the helms. I know recked said go to autozone.com but they don't have 92 specs only 95 up. I know its same generation but i dont know if there r ne small changes. If anyone has a link for a site with vacuum diagrams and etc plz let me know. Thanks

what?
autozone should have EVERYTHING prior to 95...
nothing newer...

and yea, helms are dumb money but well worth it if you own the car long term...

vac diag's should be availbale from autozone though

and what swap are you doing?
some are fast, others are more complicated...

your standard swap should take 2-5 hours depending on your skill, and then you need to tack on a few hours for wiring vtec, or handling other issues, like new mounts, etc...

motor replacement + swap specifics...

H22 swap intoa civic or integra would probably be the most time consuming, unless you were doing an 88-91 b series and needed to bend metal and weld your shifter rods...

some other things...
don't waste your time emailing honda about anything unless you want to spend money on a new car...
anything else and they will tell you to GFY, occassionally you'll find a technician at a local dealership that will talk to you about your problems and concerns...

0900823d800d069e.jpg

i don't remember exactly what you needed but here's 92-95 prelude with H23 and H22 vac diag's from autozone...

http://autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?Forwa...23d800d0656.jsp

And what kind of mechanic has to ask you 'Hey, go get on the internet and see how long it takes to swap a motor.'
lol, sounds to me like he was asking the mechanic for an estimate...
and i;m also guessing your mechanic doesn;t normally do swaps...
do you have any other mechanics you can go to?

he'll get half way through it and then you'll be back asking us questions and we'll be doing his job for him through you...

Yeah...that swap would take a novice 2 days max. A guy who swaps engines a lot shouldnt need that book, and if he marks the lines when he uninstalled the engine, he wouldnt even need a vacuum diagram. I can do an H22 swap in a weekend now. Its not hard at all.

After that just hook up the VTEC solenoid, pressure switch and knock sensor. thats really the only thing you have to change.

no you misunderstood me. 1st thx for the link. he knows what hes doing i told him i would get hard copies for him becuz im helping him with swap and he wants visuals for me not him so i know what im doing. And the reason i asked about time was becuz i need to know how many days to request off etc.

and the swap is h22 into prelude

2 days.

You'll be driving in that amount of time, if you don't fuck around.

I could do one myself in a day, if I hustled. VTEC takes me about 1 1/2 hours to do.

This is all dependent on having the parts on hand that you need. I'd take 3 days off of work, and perhaps you'll be going to work on that third day if things go well. Three day weekend right????? MLK day.

lol, no joke...do it this weeked. I could probably do it in a day 9a-10p. The vtec wiring is strange the first time you do it, but once youve done it once, you can pull it off in 30 minutes...easily.

Quoted post[/post]]
lol, no joke...do it this weeked. I could probably do it in a day 9a-10p. The vtec wiring is strange the first time you do it, but once youve done it once, you can pull it off in 30 minutes...easily.

I'm slow and tedious. I don't want to drive today and work on it again tomorrow.

I do VTEC in about 1 1/2 hours, but I like to use pins, and I solder all of my connections. You can cut corners and move much faster.

when i did my swap... TAB's h22 swap manual swap guide helped me out alot but to be honest...it took me like 4 days to do everything an thats from 11am- to - 7 or 8 pm day after day. i mean granted i checked and rechecked all my shit to make sure it was right and the vtec alone took me about a half a day but the swap came out clean as all hell!!! it will probably be alot shorter for you because u have help. i had to do this shit myself with a hoist and alot of patience!!

Same here brotha. My first swap took me two days, and that was the basic swap. I spent another two weeks figuring out the VTEC wiring.

My guide isn't perfect, but I tried to save some of the "stand around" headaches that keep a guy from working. If I have too much to think about, my mind will wander and my feet stand still. That's no way to get something done.

Back