i think ground is bad

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

95silverprelude

I have a 1994 prelude wit a h22a vtec swap. on top of the vtec problem, i think the ground is bad. My radio somtimes cuts out and my gauge cluster goes screwy when i hit the gas (stoped and moving) It did the same thing on the highway everytime i hit a bump. The car has some crap ass amp that only is letting the back two speakers work, could this be it. possiblly a short. After this happens the door locks and the windows go really slow like the battery is low, but the car still starts with no problem. I figure the problems is a loose ground somewhere or a bad alternator.

yep yep

sounds like bad connection to me too. however, the gadges should not be affected by the radio... that makes me think it's more universal than the amp. could be the leads going to the fuse box under the dash... could even be a loose battery post. might wanna check the battery connections(if you haven't already) and the fuse box inputs. the only way i can think of the amp affecting the gadges is if the idiot that put the amp in tied the amp "remote on" to the gadges fuse. the remote on should be tied in with the radio, not hot wired to a fuse in the fuse box. but i've seen people do it! not a good idea! u say only the back two speakers are working... are there front speakers and are the wires connected to the speakers? if these wires are hanging loose in the door or if one is off a post and they happen to touch this will cause a drop in voltage. still this would probubly only affect the radio but it's worth lookin into.

Back