I think I put my springs on backwards....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

civicious

Buck Futter
VIP
Rememer, the motor isn't in the car as of yet..

gallery_24518_164_1100330056.jpg

:blink:

They weren't labeled or nothin...I called Skunk2 and he said 'the bigger ones go on the back'. One pair was really thin, but had a lot more winds. The other pair was thicker, and didn't have as many winds. I assumed he meant the thickness of the spring.

Not surprisingly, I assumed wrong. :shrug2:

Yup.

All it is, is that the springs that are in back should be in front. With the couplea hundred pounds the motor will add on the front end, it'll drop it down even to the back (or rather, the back once I switch the springs)

yea the one with the thicker coils has a stiffer spring rate

ya the thicker coils def. go in the front. When he said the bigger ones id assume he meant the diameter of the spring ( how big around it is) but most your civic and integra springs are roughly the same size front to back but just differ in the size of your coils....i have an accord and my springs are much larger in the back...impossible to screw up. anyhow u certainly have yours backwards. u still own the prelude in the background? and whos garage it looks really nice..and quite big

The prelude is my brother's. And the 'garage' is an old out-of-businessChevrolet dealership that my dad's business partner owns. It's teh awesome. There's a compressor with a huge-ass air tank out back, that's got hoses coming out every 20 feet on every wall inside, and there's an alignment rack in there, too. Same shop I painted the hatch in, and tore down the fodo after the wreck.

:thumbsup:

I thought about leaving it and telling everyone that I have the skunk2 drag launch springs....

but once the motor's in the car, the front will probably sit on the frame. blah.

whikle i would say leave it... im going to say don't, because its going to handel and ride like shit with uber soft front springs... and mad wheel hop. leave the backs, get twice ands firm fronts :) heeh

LOL i did that to my friends DC2 with some tein S. techs. Though i asked him witch was witch, he told me so i left it at that. When we were done he had a dune buggy DC2. SLammed in the front and tall as shit in the back. He was so pissied he said he was just gonna keep it like that, the next day when he got up and his sister came out and talked shit and laughed her ass off he came back over to swap um over. :lol:

That things a fuckin 4x4

My integra sits like that with IB Spec's springs, I hate it, damn it. Even if i switch the springs around it still sits all fucked up. SO MAD.

BackSide.jpg

But, they were free. BTW, what ever happend to Jeff (aka IB Spec?)

Dunno, but I still haven't gotten my goddamn piston rings.

Back