i think i struck gold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

formby

learning in progress
i was leaving for work this mourning...and in my apt complex...prelude. there was a guy standing looking in it sow i asked him if he was selling it ...he said make me an offer....so i went and looked.....

this is what i found........ 174k (florida miles) 1988 2.0 si; its oem yellow paint is mint with a minor clear coat problem on the corner of the trunk....its tinted black... the interior is in pristine conditions the black seats have the smallest touch of fade, also the dash is glossy an no cracks, carpet is perfect, its sunroof opens with no problems or sounds...all plastic is mint/perfect.... the trunk is clean and a premium sound system is included..

the engine bay is like it froze in time.... the intake is oem it has a b20w/ the 5sp,( swaped 60k ago) oem header exhaust, new alternator,starter, dizzie, coil.... everything is new; no dirt in the bay ...all the black plastics look like the dash....it turns on fast and idles great..and no visible oil leaks or smoke...the tranny and block are clean ...and its riding on 1990 prelude rims.....however

there is a buzzing like sound when i reved it, coming from the head/IM.....its not the valves ticking.... and the guy told me that he uses 50w oil.because of the heat in FL..i told him not to do it anymore and to use 10-30...

he wants $2.5k....i went to KBB and in great condition it sai 1.5k with 140k miles

i wanted to give him my altima and 1k....what do you guys think???...should i buy it???

what if i wanted to swap in an h22 i remember reading a thread on here...ill have to find it...any comments???

i know i have no pics......ill get some... trust me

please explain.....

this shit looks great and and the guy works in the apt i can test drive it....

I always kinda liked that chassis, but the B20a is worthless.

the guy who swapped in the h22's username is "daily interlude". I think he belongs to a prelude group.

i want it as my daily....with AC and i already have the crx for the track and my wife has the 99hb....

I dunno. The thing about those B20As is that they don't last like normal Honda motors. At least that's what I've seen. esp. if the guy's been running 50-wt.

even for regular driving????come on pope tell me something good about the car....lol

Quoted post[/post]]
i want it as my daily....with AC and i already have the crx for the track and my wife has the 99hb....

Show him the KBB on it, offer him $1500 for it, and if he takes it, sell your car for 1k. You've saved yourself 500 bucks.

Those preludes are worthless to modify IMHO.. but as a daily driver, I can't see any problem with that.

If you can get it on a killer deal, then do it. I wouldn't pay 2500 for one with 180k miles though.

Depending on how easy of a life the car has had, it might last quite awhile.

I've seen them go 250k without a hiccup and I've seen them blowing black smoke at 120k

it depends on how the car was driven.

why not offer him 1.5k?? just offer and see wha he says, print out the thing and show him it. find other listings of the same car in teh area and see how much they are going for... so you can say, "look, this is how much that car is worth here and on kbb".

If you do get it, however, id most definately put a h22 in there, the b20a blows... its the bastard of all honda motors... ALL.

or at least drop in an obd1 b20 and get a harness from rywire or something.

There's nothing wrong with the later B20 it's just the one out of the 3g prelude that sucks.

Quoted post[/post]]
or at least drop in an obd1 b20 and get a harness from rywire or something.

There's nothing wrong with the later B20 it's just the one out of the 3g prelude that sucks.
i was really only talking about the 3g LOOOOOODDDDDSSS god i hate it when ppl call them ludes... what do you need ac for, just roll the windows down and/or get a mini fan that the mail men use lol. but you are in orlando..... does it get as humid ther as it does in miami?

ohh yeah man 86% humidity today and sometimes with 90+ temp....i hated driving my rex to and from work.......

how can i tell its obd1?????

i say if its what you want, i say go for it. sounds like you want it really bad. plus it doesnt sound like its in to bad of shape for a car thats nearly 20 years old. get some pics of it if you can,

Just checked the reference section, and all CRVs were obd2.

Although, you could get an obd0 (the prelude is obd0) B16 and have the same tq with more hp than the B20 it has now. You wouldn't even need the tranny if you wanted to do it on the cheap.

The thing with the H22 is gonna be mounts. Sure you could ask what that daily interlude guy did, but then you'd still have to actually get them. a B16 would drop right into the B20's mounts, and like I said you could even use your current transmission if you wanted to.

Why buy a daily driver for more than its worth and then drop a $2000 engine in it?

If you are looking for something to swap and modify, look elsewhere.

um i thought i could not put a bseries in there...those b20z are different...am i wrong...

Back