i think i struck gold

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah i know....i need to do some research

Quoted post[/post]]
yeah i know....i need to do some research

unfortunately aside from small groups of people and their friends like the H22 guy, the 3g prelude is basically new ground. They don't really have much of a following at all from what I can tell.

I do know that in my area, like all Hondas, they're rediculously overpriced. We're talking 2500 bucks for a POS with 220k miles.

b series WILL NOT fit.

H series will.

The b20z is far far different from a normal B series. It's junk with almost no aftermarket support.

I had a carb'd one, so that could be part of the reason I hated it. It was slow, bumpy, the one I had the body was in poor condition, the interior sucks...BUT the A/C did work well. Mine had almost 200k, no smoke, clutch was done, never had any real problems with it. I just didn't like it.

It was cool at first, but when time went on, it got older it got uglier, it's out of style.

You'd also have to be damn near out of your fricken mind to pay 2500 for that thing. I paid 400 bucks for mine with like 160k miles and it ran and drove good, just a really crappy paint job and it was from NE so it had the usual bondo.

well slap my ass and call me shirley. (not really)

I'm just repeating what I've heard. :shrug2:

So it's a b-series motor in the layout of an H-series? Trippy.

i wasnt going to offer him 2.5....the altima is worth 1.2k+/- because it needs a clutch and timing chain and maybe 800 bucks or something..

..i just like the fact that its an adult owned car its not been beaten on from what i can tell...and it looks brand new...i always like those cars....for some odd reason...

i dont want it to race....just to drive and maybe paint it type r yellow...i need to take it to my guy

Anyone can buy or sell a mint condition car for top dollar. Getting a mint condition car at a bargain is the goal you should have in your mind.

I still miss my 3g prelude. :cry:
Oh and yea, the motors are SHIT completely.
If your timing belt doesn't break, and you don't drop off a connecting rod within a month, you don't even belong in the car.
B series WILL Fit, it's all custom work, and not much gains.
h22 will fit too, same story, but more knowledge.
You can for around $2-3k put a VTEC head on that b20a5 block and use pr3 pistons.
There's alot out there, besides the motor being garbage, i'd buy another one, i love the car itself.
Mine was 4ws.
Check out http://preludepower.com for alot more information... but don't pay more than $1,500 for it.
:)

i just read a couple write ups and i am not doing the h22 swap.they are all expensive and i have enough problems with the rex...plus..i have my rex for the track...and to go fast

.i am going to offer him 1.5-1.8k thats it.....if my guy approves.....i just want a cheap reliable honda daily

i dont think i'll blow the engine driving around town and shit.....and if anything i bet my machine shop wont charge me alot to rebuild the motor with oem parts....

what i'm reading is that the oem engine in these cars are shit....but no one seems to know what in particular is the problem...(oil pumps, head, rings)

dont get me wrong i hear you guys and i appreciate it.... but i would like specifics.....is this lude better than the altima???

Quoted post[/post]]
i just read a couple write ups and i am not doing the h22 swap.they are all expensive and i have enough problems with the rex...plus..i have my rex for the track...and to go fast

.i am going to offer him 1.5-1.8k thats it.....if my guy approves.....i just want a cheap reliable honda daily

i dont think i'll blow the engine driving around town and shit.....and if anything i bet my machine shop wont charge me alot to rebuild the motor with oem parts....

what i'm reading is that the oem engine in these cars are shit....but no one seems to know what in particular is the problem...(oil pumps, head, rings)

dont get me wrong i hear you guys and i appreciate it.... but i would like specifics.....is this lude better than the altima???
I'll always vote
3g lude > * altima
That's only opinion tho.
From what i remember reading at PP a few years ago, the b21s smoke because the rings fall off around 60k.
The b20s have showed reliability, but i have personally seen 8 engines in 4 preludes.
3 were in mine alone.
I also remember reading that the cambelt spacing is off, which is why the TB tends to break before it's time, or under stressful conditions.
Truthfully i have no clue why my rod broke, i had just bought the motor from a junkyard with 79k from an Auto, put it on drove it normal and my rod broke.
I took the first motor's block and the 2nd motor's head and put it together.
It ran better than any of the engines that were in there before, but i had to sell it.
My $2,400 car had cost me like $4k and i wasn't even working.
The car is fun to drive, but i would just not trust it on a long road trip.
For inner city daily driving no big deal.

went to kbb
and rated my altima...fair condition...$1,515....

and the lude..excelent condition....$1,610....

i think i'm getting in way over my head....but man its fucking mint...

do you guys think if he takes 1.5-1.8 i should buy it...

Having owned one, I would say no.

But I've never owned an Altima.

yeah i'm over it...its as reliable as it can be with bad timing tensioners but i want something new

the isn't worth 500 bucks IMO....

the b20a/b21a is useless, and no parts match up with any other b-series parts. not even jsut aftermarket-- regular crap that will break will cost you an arm and a leg.

i'd pass

fine...forget it ...the main reason that i wanted it was because i thought parts would be cheap....

that's why I got rid of mine. I couldn't find a clutch for a reasonable price.

C'mon, I bought a brand new clutch for my old 944, a frickin Porsche , for cheaper than I could that thing.

If you really want it and REALLY like it, it's worth the money. Mine was hardly worth it.

Back