I think im a noob , HELP b16a into 96 ek hatch

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

96goldek

alright guys i need help once again i dont know if im confusing myself here or what, this motor came out of a 92-93 integra? its a cable tranny with a hacked up obd1 harness.. from what ive learned my car is obd2 the 96-98 ek hatch's are.. from there ive tried hasport and innovative mounts and all i see them selling are hydraulic tranny mounts, they sell a conversion but im confused on that and cant find cable 96-00 mounts for a B series.

Im starting to think this motor wont go into my car because i cant find mounts, I also got on rywire.com and found a harness for a 96-00 Civic DX/HX/LX/CX to B-Series so hopefully thats the right piece.

my last question would be I did a lil more research and found that i could use the Rear Tranny mount from the 99-00 Si , Driver side mount bracket from the 99-00 Si, 96 del Sol AC bracket.. could I just purchase these and eliminate confusion? The only thing im not understanding is it says its applicable for 96+ newer swaps? does this mean it wont bolt up to my b16a out of my 92-93 integra... Can I not Swap this motor out of this car into my 96 Ek hatch?

Someone shed me some day light am I confusing myself here or do I need a newer motor, a hyrdaulic tranny, The 99 si mounts? or the innovative motor mounts with a cable tranny from a 88-91 civic or crx mount in my car?

please HELP !!!! thanks. :eek:

yes the moter will fit, tranny no because its cable. you need a hydro operated tranny out of a 94 up integra ect. modify your existing harness to run with the b16. you may have to change distrbutor/injectors/some sensors to obd2. aftermarket mounts are available everywhere, but you can use stock mounts and the 99 t-bracket(i think there are 2 variations for oem b-series driver side mount,so find out). all this info can be found here on hondaswap or with a good google search. good luck!!

Last edited:
Back