I think I'm going to buy an Audi (OPINIONS)

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

id kee it in te hondafamily, may not be awd or turbo, but im still a big fan of s2k's. i sen one boe stock destroy my friends built gst. but outsde of honda i love the a4, they are pretty bad!

Cressida with a Supra motor.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 1 2005, 02:56 PM
Cressida with a Supra motor.
[post=506323]Quoted post[/post]​

The cressida already has a supra motor in it. It just doesn't come in a 5-speed or a turbo variant.

Jesus christ, why can I never remember to balance my checkbook or do my homework but I know all this shit about cars???

Some guy here threw one in an old cressida, I guess it was the turbo version because it fuckin smoked.

im looking for a newer car...less than 10 years old. I wouldn't mind a 96 A4 but I wouldn't get a 90-93 anyway, I don't like the style and it's just a little old.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Jun 1 2005, 03:02 PM-->
Some guy here threw one in an old cressida, I guess it was the turbo version because it fuckin smoked.
[post=506326]Quoted post[/post]​

That's def. been done. Simple 5-speed swaps are more common, but I've seen full engine/trans/diff swaps too. And yeah they haul ass for a fodo.

92civicb18b1
@Jun 1 2005, 03:03 PM
im looking for a newer car...less than 10 years old. I wouldn't mind a 96 A4 but I wouldn't get a 90-93 anyway, I don't like the style and it's just a little old.
[post=506327]Quoted post[/post]​

The nice thing about Q45s is that because they're the top-end sedan they're usually owned by old people or wealthy folks, which means they're usually treated well and maintained regularly. I'd look into a Q45 if I were you. They're very solid cars, and extremely comfortable and luxurious. If you don't like the '90-'93 style, the '94-'96 is better anyway because of the improved valve guides. Throw an aftermarket transmission cooler (stock one's more like a heater) and you're golden.

In '97 they switched platforms and changed to a 4.1 liter V8 instead of the 4.5.

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 1 2005, 06:03 PM
[post=506327]Quoted post[/post]​

That audi a4's are the shit..My cous. has one..I think If im not mistakin' its a 98..Hes got some dub's on it and the shit looks hot....
I think he got it for 13 grand or some shit..CASH.....hes got money like that..Street Pharmacist...lol.NOt funny.lol
They are really expensive and the parts from what I hear are way way way too overpriced....

The Nissan Maxima is another good looking car and I think they are cheaper too... You should look into that...
Why dont you get a truck or a suv....Or fuck it get youself one of these
My new Toy

If your skills on the road are comparative to your skills behind the keyboard... sell it now, while you can still walk. :p

Originally posted by Battle Pope@Jun 1 2005, 06:31 PM
If your skills on the road are comparative to your skills behind the keyboard... sell it now, while you can still walk. :p
[post=506344]Quoted post[/post]​

:lol:

GoOd One...lol

Oh and by the way Its a 99 R1....

Get that Audi.....

Originally posted by Estorvito@Jun 1 2005, 04:29 PM
Or fuck it get youself one of these
My new Toy
[post=506343]Quoted post[/post]​

nice r1.
next you be telling us you joined starboys or any one of the many crews riding in nyc :lol:

HAH
HAH

ME + BIKE = NO MORE BRYAN

me plus a quad plus equaled me now having a big hole in the back of my knee, like 9 stitches, a shit load of road rash and a dead 10 point buck.

I still want the audi. I meant to go to the dealer today, but I think I'm going to wait till next week.

get the audi...or a 330... fuck a maxima, even the 5 speed, they suck period. perhaps a subaru gt 2.5 or the h6 3.0 (if it was out in the mid 90's..

s2ks are more than 10k.

I'm setting 10k as my max and thats plenty for an a4.

ANy opinions on the 2.8 vs 1.8 t

yea I perfer the "feel" of the 1.8t, but as for reliablitliy which is the better choice as well as cost of parts.

They're both nice to drive but I'm looking for the best one to suit me. I'm not looking for some super powerful thing, the most I'd probably do is stick a chip in it and be done.

for reliability you can't beat the 1.8t with a stick. They've been using that engine for YEARS.

Having owned a 96 A4 and also spending a few months in my brothers 2003 A4 I can say they are sure pimp ass nice cars.

However..... you say you don't mind the cost of them but do you really understand what you're getting into?

First off most parts are dealership only. I had to track down some breakpads/rotors for my 96 A4 ONE place within like 50 miles of me had them other then the dealership. Some random no name pads just the fronts costed me something like $89.99 the rotors were another 80ish each. so the front brakes cost me 250ish.

Timing belt, for parts alone is $550 dollars. Audi had a sale on doing a timing belt job. The SALE PRICE was $1200

Also depending on where you live FWD isnt such a bad thing. I'll never own a RWD car if I have to drive it in the snow. EVER.

1+ for Bs idea 2.5RS they are in your price range and look great.

A4s are AWD or FWD, and I'd much perfer the AWD.

It can't be much more than what it cost me with the 944. Pads were in the range or about $70 and order only for the fronts, but some cheap no names could be had for 50 or so cause the internet is my friend . TIming belt was also rediculous amount, right around 600 and that was a bargain.

I'd spend the extra on better pads but this isn't TOO bad if I was in a situation.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

I'm going to look into the 2.5 RS, but that's not as nice as the audi and harder to find a nice one.

Jeffie,
Did you have a 1.8t, 2.8, FWD or AWD?

Originally posted by 92civicb18b1@Jun 3 2005, 05:43 AM
A4s are AWD or FWD, and I'd much perfer the AWD.

It can't be much more than what it cost me with the 944. Pads were in the range or about $70 and order only for the fronts, but some cheap no names could be had for 50 or so cause the internet is my friend . TIming belt was also rediculous amount, right around 600 and that was a bargain.

I'd spend the extra on better pads but this isn't TOO bad if I was in a situation.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAP...sspagename=WDVW

I'm going to look into the 2.5 RS, but that's not as nice as the audi and harder to find a nice one.

Jeffie,
Did you have a 1.8t, 2.8, FWD or AWD?
[post=507223]Quoted post[/post]​

I had a 2.8 FWD and still have the 2003 3.0 6speed with AWD

also the brake pads I bought were no name after market parts.
I bet OEM would have cost me 400 for parts alone to do the front brakes. 2 rotors and 4 pads. Im just guessing that.....

Bottom line even having the option to buy another audi I would NEVER EVER EVER buy one with out a warrenty EVER

Back