I think I'm gonna go get my CDL

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Quoted post[/post]]
yea, I would have a steady job if I got it.

I HAD points, I think it was 4-5.

But it's a PA license and in PA you can take a special points exam, and have them reduced if you don't recieve a ticket within the 6-12 months following the test. I had all of mine removed.
is it bad that i have both a plan b and plan c?

Quoted post[/post]]
Quoted post[/post]]
yea, I would have a steady job if I got it.

I HAD points, I think it was 4-5.

But it's a PA license and in PA you can take a special points exam, and have them reduced if you don't recieve a ticket within the 6-12 months following the test. I had all of mine removed.
is it bad that i have both a plan b and plan c?

I don't get it

I have a CDL class A with Hazmat and Tanker endorsements. The Hazmat is cool, but not usually necessary. It's also much harder to learn than the rest of the test. New rules also call for background checks on Hazmat endorsements. This means that it costs more money, and you might not get one.

Get CDL, class A, with Tanker, and possibly the double/triple trailer endorsements if you think you might drive a larger truck.

Class C is a joke. All you need to get the class A is a truck and trailer to drive. Good luck.

jd.gif

:laugh:

Class B and Class C are about the only thing you can do since you are only 19. Class C is a joke, its like a Shouffer for Hire (drive Limo's and shit)... Teh Class B is limited to # of axles and overall vehicle weight.

I'd rock the Class B in your situation, I believe you'd be able to drive dump Trucks and shit like that, basically anything without Air Brakes and I believe no tractor/trailer combos.

Over The Road makes money per mile, not hourly. You can only drive 10 hours, then pull over and rest 8. (this is more then likely just for Class A+).

Locally makes the money hourly more then likely.

Im going to start off locally in November driving Dump Trucks, there is a helluva lot of Construction here so, this could be pretty lucrative.

I'm salary, so I don't care what I do day to day.

I think the rules vary from state to state, because a co-worker's brother just got his class A a couple months ago here. He's only 19.

Anything with air brakes requires a CDL. Single trailer is a piece of cake. Double/triple is like playing pool and doing combo shots.

Back