I think its about time that you took a listen..

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

def. not liking it,and my bro said it sux lol,no offense but calling it as we see it,

Clearly you know what you want to do and what you're doing so I'll leave this thread be.

Good luck with things.

I "acquired" FL Studio 8 just to see if I could learn to use it. Damn that program is overwhelming to noobs. Jeffie, are there any good books you'd recommend for someone to learning to use it, or are there better programs that I should focus on learning? I know it depends on what type of music, what i'm trying to do with it, blah blah blah, but I for someone who is totally green who wants to develop the ability to produce diverse music, what direction should I take?

(You can PM me, I don't wanna jack this thread)

and dont you mean your boyfriend?
maybe you should try listening..

oy why did you post your music for us to listen to if you didn't really want the feedback? :(

my opinion: just take the opinions as exactly that - opinions. if you like your music, that's what counts the most. if you don't want to change it, don't. and you don't have to incorporate everyone's feedback, but you also don't have to be rude to the people sharing their opinions.

i did dig hearing your voice; it has a good quality to it.

unsubscribing.

oy why did you post your music for us to listen to if you didn't really want the feedback? :(

my opinion: just take the opinions as exactly that - opinions. if you like your music, that's what counts the most. if you don't want to change it, don't. and you don't have to incorporate everyone's feedback, but you also don't have to be rude to the people sharing their opinions.

i did dig hearing your voice; it has a good quality to it.

unsubscribing.

i was just joking..
he said he calls it as he sees it..
so i said try listening.
the gay joke was just cuz its injen.. lol

i was just joking..
he said he calls it as he sees it..
so i said try listening.
the gay joke was just cuz its injen.. lol

What joke?

anywho, I'm not a fan of fruityloops, I spent some time with it playing around, but in the end it's too computerized, not bad for doing techno style mixes tho.

As far as how to use it, buy it, chances are it will come with a big manual. Sonar came with a manual that's like a mini phone book. Guessing fruity loops does the same, one of the benefits of buying a program rather then downloading a cracked ver.

i figured out how to use it..
somewhat. lol
i had it for a while, then one day decided to fuck around with it and hooked up my keyboard(the musical kind) to it and fucked around with the midi shit.
it was cool, but i couldnt figure out how to record the loop. lol
i gave it to my friend though, and he went crazy with it.

and the joke about his bro being his boyfriend.

i figured out how to use it..
somewhat. lol
i had it for a while, then one day decided to fuck around with it and hooked up my keyboard(the musical kind) to it and fucked around with the midi shit.
it was cool, but i couldnt figure out how to record the loop. lol
i gave it to my friend though, and he went crazy with it.

and the joke about his bro being his boyfriend.

I'm a fan of Sonar, even more so if you want to use it with some type of midi interface.

Fruityloops is a great click with the mouse program, as far as loops goes, you might not have had it synced timing wise, with sonar if it's not the right timing you can't loop it, you have to make it into a loop causing it to get pulled either faster or slower, pitching the tone, unless you had the timing perfect to start with....

Chances are you just didn't know how to use the program =)~

probably..
i was really just making sure my keyboard worked with new midi programs, cuz i was moving and didnt wanna take it with me if it didnt work. lol
its kind of old.
how much did you pay for sonar?

probably..
i was really just making sure my keyboard worked with new midi programs, cuz i was moving and didnt wanna take it with me if it didnt work. lol
its kind of old.
how much did you pay for sonar?

few hundred since it was an upgrade, I've had a few sonars, all of it started with cakewalk. Right now I think if you're not upgrading it's around 500 or so.

When you get into things and you buy the good chit, it aint cheap, I paid $500.00 for a single set of disk with nothing more then mappable samples, no loops, just samples that can be mapped to a keyboard. bought a few single CDs with again no loops just samples in the 300 range, I'd like to pick up Vienna Instruments - Symphonic Cube It's on my list.... but hard to justify buying that right after buying a house.

yeah, i have cakewalk too.
maybe ill just download it and upgrade..
will the upgrade come with a complete manual, or just manual about the upgrades?
i dont really have that kind of money to just throw around..

yeah, i have cakewalk too.
maybe ill just download it and upgrade..
will the upgrade come with a complete manual, or just manual about the upgrades?
i dont really have that kind of money to just throw around..

Do you have a legit copy of cakewalk? I doubt they'll give you much towards sonar since 8 new versions have come out since the last cakewalk.

Downloading and upgrading it doesn't sound very legit as far as you having a copy.
I believe you cannot download Sonar, they will only send you a copy so you should get a manual, however, not sure if you get a full manual based on the upgrade.

You'd have to ask them.

no, not legit.
its the money man..

Then use something else.

Again, you do not want to use illegal stuff to work on music, if you do ever hit it big it could really kick your ass.

You don't think about it now, but if something ever happens to you in a good way, it could really hurt you.

If you dont have much money, look into a mixer with built in recording, you can mix within the mixer and record track after track.

around 800-1500 new, but they've been around for years, craigs list might get you one for pretty cheap if you're lucky.

going on the obama plan? lol

most good software nowadays has a usb 'key' to act as the license... so, its real time. you can download all you want, but if you don't have the key plugged into the usb port, it won't work.

Jeffie, I was more referring to a guide about mixing, mastering, and producing in general, not just how to use a particular software. I'm a pretty quick study and it's something I'm very interested in. I guess I could just browse Barnes & Noble, but I'm wondering if you have any recommendations.

Back