i think this is a repost.... but its bad ass

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

geez. and people ask me what i see in E30s....thats just hawt...if you live anywhere but tx. then people ask yo "Oh yea, what does it do in a 1/4"

You know what I just realised ? I have never seen a RWD anything pick it's front wheel off the ground in a turn. ever.

That car is hooked up. I want a car that can do that. Maybe some silk roads, eh Brian ?

That is a purpose built racecar with one hell of a driver.

there is nothing resembling the things that came on that car from BMW and that guy has had years of practice in driving.

and there were several times that car was on 2 wheels... damn good driving... damn good.

No words can describe....

Now if it just had a 4.6 DOHC Cobra mtoor or LS1 under the hood... :)

lol, no joke...a ls1 block weighs about 100lbs...assembled...lets just say a guy that benches 230 a guy that benches 200 and me (scrawny ass bastard) could BARELY pick it up. It would definitely be going a lot slower. ill say the ls1 can make power but it is not a autox engine.

Quoted post[/post]]
lol, no joke...a ls1 block weighs about 100lbs...assembled...lets just say a guy that benches 230 a guy that benches 200 and me (scrawny ass bastard) could BARELY pick it up. It would definitely be going a lot slower. ill say the ls1 can make power but it is not a autox engine.

That's funny... since an LS1 and a 4 banger Miata motor weigh within 50 pounds of each other...

BMW's use iron blocks in those cars, right? I can only imagine the iron I6 is a good bit heavier.

lol, well i can pick up a Mazda BP block by myself and im 5'9 150lbs even put together its still heavy.

the block is still heavy....not saying my h series is light, but compared to a b-series the LS1 is a beast.

i really dont know what the I6 3.0 in the M3 weighs or if it is iron, just making an observation. youll never see a camaro doing that.

e30's do not have an i6....

M Divider

First produced in 1986, the 3 Series E30 M3 was the product of a factory effort to participate in German Touring Car racing. The primary opponent was the Mercedes 190 class. Both companies recognized the great interest in racing and the positive effects of racing on auto sales.

In order to compete in the European Touring Car Championships, BMW had to produce a minimum of 500 units a year. The race car had to have the same basic engine, intake, and aerodynamics as the production model. The suspension had to fit to stock pick up points, and while larger wheels were allowed, they had to fit within the stock fenders.

E30 M3 racer
Click for a larger image
More pictures...

Unlike other E30 models, the E30 M3 is easily distinguished by its oversized wheel wheels. These larger wheel wells were designed to handle 10" wide racing rims. Another feature was a slightly larger rear window to improve aerodynamics.

The power plant is high-performance 4-cylinder, a direct descendent of the M10 F-1 powerplant. The engine has a forged crank, a four valve head and strengthened internals, with 2.3 liters and 195 hp with a catalytic converter and 200 hp without.

The original E30 M3 was followed by a variety of Evolution models and some special editions. The highlight of the Evolution models was the 1990 Evo III, featuring a 2.5 liter engine and 238 hp.

The E30 M3 Cabriolet version was produced from 1988 to 1991. The E30 M3 Cabriolets were all hand built on BMW Motorsport GmbH's production line at Garching in Munich. Only 786 models were made.

From 1987 to 1990, only the 195 hp model (with a catalytic converter) was officially imported into the USA.

USA Model Specifications

Cylinders:

16 valve inline 4

Capacity:

152.2 Cu.in.

Power:

Torque:

170 ft/lbs.

Weight:

2733 lbs.

Horsepower/Weight:

14.02 lbs./hp