I told you this was a sweet rex!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

i was at the bookstore today and i picked up the new super street mag and lo and behold there is the crx that i was drooling over in that superhonda thread that i posted about here. its a full 6-page feature. its the one peeps here were blowing off by saying "yea its shiny." anyway...it was built from a run-down crx shell. its RHD with a full authentic JDM SiR interior! :worthy: folding JDM mirors, mugen M7 wheels, glass-top! also got a B16A w/ tons of ITR engine parts, HKS intake, mugen valve cover, etc.. and its still the sweetest crx i have ever seen :worthy:

here it is. its the DARK silver one. not the bright silver one that keeps popping up in that guy's sig...although that one's nice too.
http://www.superhonda.com/forum/showthread...threadid=133876

s3fc6873e5cc76.jpg

s3fc6877515fab.jpg

the glass top is the shit....

it jus don't get cooler than that.

uh besides the fact that it is a JDm crx with a flawless SiR interior and full b16 swap with no flaws anywhere, i dont know whats so special about it either. i mean damn my cars better than that!

get real.

i got that edition of super street and fuckin read that article first thing. that rex is sweet. and those wheels cost probably more than i bought my car for. mugen owns you. yo tuner fan did you see the 88-91 civic 4 door that was redone JDM a couple months ago in super street? it was grey just like that rex, and had same wheels. both cars are incredably nice.

And I take it none of you saw the neat artical about UEO's AE86?

that by far is better than a glasstop CRX with MUGEN rims....../dons flamesuit.

I'm gonna have to agree with Airjockie on this one, tricked out hiatchi roku's own. That is all. :D

Originally posted by cointelpro@Nov 27 2003, 04:09 AM
yo tuner fan did you see the 88-91 civic 4 door that was redone JDM a couple months ago in super street? it was grey just like that rex, and had same wheels. both cars are incredably nice.

no i missed that. you know what sucks is that some people here dont give a shit about a sweet restored, rare-as-shit honda. all they care about is how fast it is. tell you what, making a honda fast is no fucking big deal! it cost money THAT IS ALL. you can take your car to a shop, drop it off with about 10k and say "make me a 12 second crx" and in 2 weeks you can pick the fucker up. i was at a dragstrip last weekend and there were no less than 6 crx's running better than 13.9. and that is not the first time i've seen that. fast hondas are a dime a dozen! restoring a JDM siR from nothing but a shell is something impressive to me. that guy went to japan himself numerous times to get the right parts. you probably will not see another crx like that EVER.

restoring a JDM siR from nothing but a shell is something impressive to me. that guy went to japan himself numerous times to get the right parts. you probably will not see another crx like that EVER.

Well, I am doing the same thing....except with an AE86

I am trying to make this....
aaq.jpg

aar.jpg

into this.....

pic337.jpg

cl95.jpg

and most of the parts are coming from Japan, but it will remain left hand drive...

/puts on another flamesuit

damn! :worthy: x 100

here's a nice one i saw at the drift showoff iin Irwindale, CA last summer. just noticed there is another one in the background.
fc8dbe34.jpg

wow vtec way to resort too name calling and being rude when someone has an opinion.

my opinion = old scool cars rock nomatter what it is (honda, chevy, mitsu, ford, toyota, saab, volvo) now insult me please

Originally posted by whiteLS@Nov 27 2003, 06:57 PM
wow vtec way to resort too name calling and being rude when someone has an opinion.

my opinion = old scool cars rock nomatter what it is (honda, chevy, mitsu, ford, toyota, saab, volvo) now insult me please

shit. i deleted the posts u were replying to. me = :tardcart:

for those who didnt see...

vtec = V8 killa wrote: that isn't that cool, you "CRACKER"

what a tool.

i responded by referring to that white AE86 and saying "yea you see one of thsese every F-ing day im sure!" then i typed a very nasty rant about people who think their shit dont stink because they have a fast car. HATERS SUCK!

whiteLS...i agree. all old school cars done up right and quick are badass.

hey gabe that looks alot like lou from 4 ace... instead of building the car he said fuck it and went to japan... found an old man with a 88 crx and it was in practically mint condition

all he did was get a couple mugen parts here and there but he kept the carbuerated motor in it... it is by far one of the cleanest crx's i've ever seen

Originally posted by 2 litre EG@Nov 27 2003, 07:33 PM
hey gabe that looks alot like lou from 4 ace... instead of building the car he said fuck it and went to japan... found an old man with a 88 crx and it was in practically mint condition

all he did was get a couple mugen parts here and there but he kept the carbuerated motor in it... it is by far one of the cleanest crx's i've ever seen

cool man but that one belongs to a guy named randy. according to the article he stumbled upon the shell of a RHD crx on the east coast, trailered it to LA, stripped every last wire/hose off it, painted it then began building it into an authentic SiR inside and out. :D

i don't see why people like the AE86 so much, it has to be one of the ugliest cars out there. i really think its only because of initial D, gotta be JDM yo!
throw an S2K drivetrain in there, then it might be cool B)

Back