I want a '96 4 Door White Civic M/T, for around $2200....is this possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

yeah. nuff said.

(assuming you don't have any say other than those 3 cars, cuz i'd just get a 3-series bmw or like a IS, but that's just me.)
I don't know about you but I want an economical car, one that won't cost me an arm and a leg to fill up. I also loathe the idea that I spent more money than I should on fuel just to do mundane errands when that money could've been diverted to more useful causes. The car I want to buy will pay for itself quite quickly unlike a Prius yet get similar or better mileage.

So a prius wouldn't pay for itself? are you kidding me? it gets like 50+ miles to the gallon I dont understand how you could want better gas milage....

:asshat:

So a prius wouldn't pay for itself? are you kidding me? it gets like 50+ miles to the gallon I dont understand how you could want better gas milage....

:asshat:

Did you even do the numbers on the Prius?? First of all, a Honda that gets 40-60mpg and costs $3000 would certainly pay for itself far quicker and more effectively than a Prius that costs at least $10000 (that's like a 10 year old one too!) that gets 40-53mpg. If I went with new, then I'd be getting 50mpg-60mpg but would have to pay $22000+ which I don't have. Not to mention, I don't even like hatchbacks, the image, or the look of the pious. (haha)

If someone said Ill give you this FJ I wouldnt even think about buying a Civic. You sir are a retard.
More like, "hey, I'll let you DRIVE this FJ so long as we're cool". Of course, you probably couldn't give two shits about global warming or the environment or saving gas or just about any other reason that requires planning and thinking about others..

More like, "hey, I'll let you DRIVE this FJ so long as we're cool".

We'll then just stay cool, and you'll have a free car to drive...

Of course, you probably couldn't give two shits about global warming or the environment or saving gas or just about any other reason that requires planning and thinking about others..

Most of us don't give two shits about global warming or saving the environment, no. Saving gas maybe, yeah, but you know what? Life's not perfect. If you're just going to wait around until your ideal situation falls into your lap, then you're going to be waiting around forever. Sometimes you have deal with a less-then-ideal situation for a little while in order to get yourself to where you want to be.

Is driving a car that by no means gets bad mileage for a little while while you save up for the car you really want going to make a significant impact in the destruction of the environment? The answer is no. You're just making ridiculous excuses to avoid actually having to work hard and take any responsibility for your life...

Most of us are enthusiasts. We probably care about the exact opposite things that you do.

:werd:

And this is exactly what I told you the first time you posted here. This is a forum for Honda performance enthusiasts. Most of us don't really care about how to make a Civic safer or how to get ridiculous, astronomical gas mileage out of cars that already get decent gas mileage in stock form. If these are the kinds of things you're interested in, then maybe you should look elsewhere for answers...

Last edited:
We'll then just stay cool, and you'll have a free car to drive...

Most of us don't give two shits about global warming or saving the environment, no. Saving gas maybe, yeah, but you know what? Life's not perfect. If you're just going to wait around until your ideal situation falls into your lap, then you're going to be waiting around forever. Sometimes you have deal with a less-then-ideal situation for a little while in order to get yourself to where you want to be.

Is driving a car that by no means gets bad mileage for a little while while you save up for the car you really want going to make a significant impact in the destruction of the environment? The answer is no. You're just making ridiculous excuses to avoid actually having to work hard and take any responsibility for your life...

:werd:

And this is exactly what I told you the first time you posted here. This is a forum for Honda performance enthusiasts. Most of us don't really care about how to make a Civic safer or how to get ridiculous, astronomical gas mileage out of cars that already get decent gas mileage in stock form. If these are the kinds of things you're interested in, then maybe you should look elsewhere for answers...

Well people who are looking for max performance and max fuel economy tend to make the same modifications to their cars with some trade offs here and there. Also since I would be doing work on a Honda, the best place for answers on Hondas would in fact be a Honda website which is why I even bothered to join. Also, I don't have anything against people with performance cars, my only gripe is people commuting every day in really inefficient cars when they could be doing that exact same trip much more efficiently.

I'm aware that some people just can't afford to have the most of anything and I happen to be one of those people at this moment, but I also happen to be one of those people who are on the cusp on transitioning to something better and that is what I'm trying to achieve at this time. Nothing we do is ideal but hopefully we're all working towards these more ideal goals.

Well people who are looking for max performance and max fuel economy tend to make the same modifications to their cars with some trade offs here and there. Also since I would be doing work on a Honda, the best place for answers on Hondas would in fact be a Honda website which is why I even bothered to join. Also, I don't have anything against people with performance cars, my only gripe is people commuting every day in really inefficient cars when they could be doing that exact same trip much more efficiently.

I'm aware that some people just can't afford to have the most of anything and I happen to be one of those people at this moment, but I also happen to be one of those people who are on the cusp on transitioning to something better and that is what I'm trying to achieve at this time. Nothing we do is ideal but hopefully we're all working towards these more ideal goals.

why the fudge are you complaining if you dont work then you dont have to commute......more power= less gas used getting moving in my opinion and also fuck global warming its a bs conspiracy created to get more money for the government

If the globe is warming, why have there only been 4 90 degree days this year in Chicago? The world goes through cycles. Were just on its up swing. Now you're going to tell me there's no correlation between the amount of sun spots present and the UNIVERSAL warm up. As in not just happening on the Earth. Man, if we keep driving so many SUVs Pluto is gonna melt!

If the globe is warming, why have there only been 4 90 degree days this year in Chicago? The world goes through cycles. Were just on its up swing. Now you're going to tell me there's no correlation between the amount of sun spots present and the UNIVERSAL warm up. As in not just happening on the Earth. Man, if we keep driving so many SUVs Pluto is gonna melt!
Uh well I don't think I want this thread to degenerate into a political discussion about global warming but then again I did bring it up in the first place... As for the reason why the temperatures have recently dropped, it's because the sunspot activity after over 100years + has stopped and should remain dormant for the next 10 years, THIS is indeed cyclical and will result in what may very well be a "mini" ice age but because of the excess CO2 and other GHGs, this may be diminished substantially.

There are other complainers who like to mention "global cooling" fears of the 1950s which actually wasn't baseless and very well could've become a problem but didn't. Why? Because of our emissions laws. Particulate matter in the air does a great job of reducing the amount of radiation from the sun getting in. I believe they mentioned an idea similar to this in "Terminator 3?" where they explained how they tried to stop the machines by blocking out the sun so the solar panels couldn't power the machines. So the effects of the Particulate matter in the air was overshadowing (literally!) the effects of CO2 and other GHGs, so once we cleaned up the air, it helped reveal the issue with CO2 and it causing global warming.

The Sun does have an effect on the environment's temperatures but the recent cooling is attributable to the Sun Spot Activity which was predicted to happen years before it actually happened (which is what is happening now) because it is cyclical.
Global Cooling was a real possibility, but not so much now because of efforts to clean up the particulate matter in the air from stricter emission standards world wide.
Global Warming is happening and is going to continue to happen, the question how bad is it going to get and are we going to make the sacrifices in order to stop this from happening?

Just think of the Sun Spot activity as a blip on the overall trend towards warmer temperatures.

picard-facepalm.jpg

Well im all ready for the "mini ice age" fuck these 90 degree days. And the T800s are powered by nuclear fuel cellslasting about 110 years.

Ride the buss. You dont need to worry about crying your self to sleep about how much you are harming the environment and you get to bandy about to all your hippie friends that you are saving all the baby seals by riding the buss. Plus everyone gets the fuck out of the way when a buss comes so there go your safety concerns. Or walk, ride a bike, buy a horse. Oh wait you cannot own a horse because it has to large of a carbon footprint. Hey buy carbon offsets! That's the ticket, you know pay someone to plant a tree for you or 'recycle' electronics in China.

Or you can just take a car that your parents are giving you for free and replace every bulb in the house with CFL's (mercury ftw) and spend your waking hours monitoring the temp in the house, turning off unused CFL bulbs and checking the seals on every window and door in the house. Oh, and get rid of your computer. Your simply taxing the grid. Better yet, burn your house down and built a mud hut. But make sure there are no worms, beavers, deer or birds in the area. They depend on that mud to supply food and shelter. And please dont cite movies when discussing policy. Kthxby

Ride the buss. You dont need to worry about crying your self to sleep about how much you are harming the environment and you get to bandy about to all your hippie friends that you are saving all the baby seals by riding the buss. Plus everyone gets the fuck out of the way when a buss comes so there go your safety concerns. Or walk, ride a bike, buy a horse. Oh wait you cannot own a horse because it has to large of a carbon footprint. Hey buy carbon offsets! That's the ticket, you know pay someone to plant a tree for you or 'recycle' electronics in China.

Or you can just take a car that your parents are giving you for free and replace every bulb in the house with CFL's (mercury ftw) and spend your waking hours monitoring the temp in the house, turning off unused CFL bulbs and checking the seals on every window and door in the house. Oh, and get rid of your computer. Your simply taxing the grid. Better yet, burn your house down and built a mud hut. But make sure there are no worms, beavers, deer or birds in the area. They depend on that mud to supply food and shelter. And please dont cite movies when discussing policy. Kthxby

:worthy:

couldnt have said it better :thumbsup:

i hate you. not because you are right, but because i can't rep you again.

basically he's saying stfu and gtfo. :wave:

um if you want good economy get a fucking tdi captain global warming the batterys used in hybrids are actually in all worse than emissions... o and by the way co2 which is created by a combustion engine running efficiently is good trees can filter that into oxygen, its NOX, HC and CO that are bad for the enviornment.

Back