I want a '96 4 Door White Civic M/T, for around $2200....is this possible?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Why are you guys talking about "riding the bus", "hybrids", and "Carbon offsets"? Sure I care about the environment but I'm no jackass who goes along with that crap. The bus only works if you're a city dweller, carbon offsets are fucking bullshit, and I totally agree about the part with batteries making the hybrids not so "green". Since I don't want a hybrid, I'm trying to make a regular car just as efficient as a hybrid without having to use the batteries and having to deal with that hatchback nonsense. (I don't like 99% of hatchbacks)

So basically you're just going to change your opinion any time someone challenges the logic of what you're saying?

Well driving a heavy ass sedan is not all that efficient there guy. Weight is horrible for mileage. Beggars cannot be choosers. If you want uber high mileage you are going to need to get a gutted out hatch that comes with a stick.

Well driving a heavy ass sedan is not all that efficient there guy. Weight is horrible for mileage. Beggars cannot be choosers. If you want uber high mileage you are going to need to get a gutted out hatch that comes with a stick.

2400lbs isn't that heavy and certainly not "super" heavy.. Weight mostly has an effect on city mileage and not highway mileage and since that is a difference of 300lbs, I can't imagine that having a DRASTIC effect on mileage..

2400lbs isn't that heavy and certainly not "super" heavy.. Weight mostly has an effect on city mileage and not highway mileage and since that is a difference of 300lbs, I can't imagine that having a DRASTIC effect on mileage..

To which you said;

30+? What are you talking about? Maybe on the highway they get 30mpg+ but I do mostly city driving and on average, these cars get the low 20s or high teens.

So keep on flippin and floppin son. But really do what you want. It seems you simply enjoy stirring the pot nothing more.

i%20like%20were%20this%20thread%20is%20going.jpg

To which you said;

So keep on flippin and floppin son. But really do what you want. It seems you simply enjoy stirring the pot nothing more.
I have no idea what is going on.... The guy was complaining about the Civic I wanted to get, and then I responded by saying that the Civic isn't all that heavy, therefore I don't need to get the hatchback version. What are YOU talking about???

Dude, its time just just shut your mouth and live with the fact that you can't keep your story straight, you don't want to work for a car, you bitch about things that no one cares about, and you are a dumbass. I came back from a 3 day vacation and I open up this thread and read it all the way through in which you switch you story SOO many times I dont even know what the hell your point is.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say it's time for you to pack your bags and leave because you have made yourself look like a complete tool.

G'day sir.

Dude, its time just just shut your mouth and live with the fact that you can't keep your story straight, you don't want to work for a car, you bitch about things that no one cares about, and you are a dumbass. I came back from a 3 day vacation and I open up this thread and read it all the way through in which you switch you story SOO many times I dont even know what the hell your point is.

In conclusion, I'd just like to say it's time for you to pack your bags and leave because you have made yourself look like a complete tool.

G'day sir.
The only person that is confused is you, I did not "switch" my story or do any such thing, you're just an idiot who can't understand that I'm not always talking about the same thing.

Where in that reply did I say I was confused? All I said was you dont even have a clear point, you were offered a few cars and you are creating bitchy excuses to not man up and work for a better one while you have a car atleast. Stop whining and complaining about the cars that were offered to you, take one, find a job, save up and buy a car you really want, end of story. Screw "carbon footprints" and the B.S. of "global warming" thats floating around, its all a conspriacy that you are using as an excuse.

I've got a quote for you that I want you to think long and hard about with the walnut sized brain you are equiped with.

"Excuses are tools of incompetence, used to build monuments of nothingness; and all those who use them seldom amount to anything. " ~Stephen Grayhm

Now tell me why you wont take the car's you were offered again, without an "excuse" of course?

Where in that reply did I say I was confused? All I said was you dont even have a clear point, you were offered a few cars and you are creating bitchy excuses to not man up and work for a better one while you have a car atleast. Stop whining and complaining about the cars that were offered to you, take one, find a job, save up and buy a car you really want, end of story. Screw "carbon footprints" and the B.S. of "global warming" thats floating around, its all a conspriacy that you are using as an excuse.

I've got a quote for you that I want you to think long and hard about with the walnut sized brain you are equiped with.

"Excuses are tools of incompetence, used to build monuments of nothingness; and all those who use them seldom amount to anything. " ~Stephen Grayhm

Now tell me why you wont take the car's you were offered again, without an "excuse" of course?

It's funny that you say that because the whole point of this thread was whether or not I could get the car I want with the money I have. If I were spending someone else's money, the price of the car probably wouldn't matter but it does because I'm paying for it. I'm willing to have a civic with features that aren't quite working but are fixable with one example being a broken air conditioner or something that may be time consuming to fix but not cost a lot of $$ in parts. I don't want the body to be in bad condition and because I'll be driving it for some time before I mod the car, the engine and transmission needs to work well.

I get 37 mpg's highway and 32 mpg's city with the civic in my sig... come buy it :)
heh well if it were only an LX and a '96 model..

I get 37 mpg's highway and 32 mpg's city with the civic in my sig... come buy it :)

He can't do it man, the EF chassis just isn't safe! Read some of his old threads...

It's funny that you say that because the whole point of this thread was whether or not I could get the car I want with the money I have. If I were spending someone else's money, the price of the car probably wouldn't matter but it does because I'm paying for it. I'm willing to have a civic with features that aren't quite working but are fixable with one example being a broken air conditioner or something that may be time consuming to fix but not cost a lot of $$ in parts. I don't want the body to be in bad condition and because I'll be driving it for some time before I mod the car, the engine and transmission needs to work well.

What? You'd even consider using the A/C? I figured I guy like you who's so environmentally concerned would want to avoid even the slightest possibility of reduced gas mileage or some nasty freon escaping into the air...

He can't do it man, the EF chassis just isn't safe! Read some of his old threads...

What? You'd even consider using the A/C? I figured I guy like you who's so environmentally concerned would want to avoid even the slightest possibility of reduced gas mileage or some nasty freon escaping into the air...
A/C would be a last resort and would be for passengers who are complainers. I want a fuel efficient car that I can also bring people along in, which is why I'm choosing a practical 4 door with lots of head and leg room in both the front and back instead of a 2 seater or a tiny hatchback. When I drive my sister's black Volvo S60, 99% of the time I have the air conditioning off, even when it's 105F according to the car's thermostat and 100F+ according to the weather report but once in a while, the temperatures in the car become so unbearable that I'll cycle the air conditioning for about 30 seconds before shutting it off once again.

shit. If its 105 degree's outside here, you can bet your ass I'll have the A/c on full blast the whole freakin way. Screw the seals and polar bears on the poles, and screw global warming, I'm running my A/c when I want to.

shit. If its 105 degree's outside here, you can bet your ass I'll have the A/c on full blast the whole freakin way. Screw the seals and polar bears on the poles, and screw global warming, I'm running my A/c when I want to.
Of course you don't care, you're driving a Jeep Cherokee. A little preventive maintenance now can save you a bundle in the future and what I mean by that is if we don't deal with the problem now, fixing the problems caused by global warming will in the end cost you more later on.

I'm so pissed, because the price of gasoline as shot up once again, the price of these cars has gone up by $1000 since earlier this year and at one point these cars were available for around $1800. I wish I could have bought them then!!!

Back