1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I Want Better Handling

Discussion in 'Wheels / Suspension / Tires / Brakes' started by Ractive78, Jun 1, 2003.

1. Ractive78

Ractive78 Senior Member

I have a 1991 integra rs with stock wheels and suspension. I want to have great handling, how would i go about doing this? Is there any way i could make it handle like a wrx or better?

Thanks

2. pills_PMD

pills_PMD Super Moderator

the awd of a wrx will be hard to match in an integra...

but a true coilover set and some strut bars and perhaps a rear sway bar will help a ton

3. importimage

importimage Senior Member

Rear Trail arm bushings and anti sway bars are well worth the money for a tight ride.

:slap:

4. Ractive78

Ractive78 Senior Member

And how much would this cost?

5. vtecsir1

vtecsir1 Senior Member

dont forget tires and rims are very important also. the cost on those parts is up to you i mean anywhere from hundreds to thousands. example- tein coilvers $1000 w/ pillow mount, sway bar skunk2 $200 i think, strut bars front and rear $75-$300 if you go with a big brand, tires $250-up, rims $450-up. so you see its all about how much you can afford. i spent $700 on rotas and tires , $600 on skunk2 coilovers and kyb shocks, gsr sway bar $10, strut bars $40 front and rear, for my 95 hatch. $1350 for me, i hope i helped.

6. pissedoffsol

pissedoffsol RETIRED

awd does NOT equal handling. it equals better forwards traction, and better acceleration when one or more tires loose traction. thats it. its basically a huge LSD between all 4 tires. but that doesn't make it corner harder.
    suspension is what holds you in control.

7. itsbigmike

itsbigmike Junior Member

My combination of Skunk2 springs, tokico shocks, true type R front and rear upper and lower tie bars, and true type R front and rear sway bars does wonders on a 93 civic coupe (ITR that is)

8. CRX-YEM

CRX-YEM Super Moderator Moderator VIP

I agree it's all about the suspension setup, and how much money your willing to spend.
    I must say I am very very pleased and impressed with the way my car handles since I changes my springs and shocks from stock to Neuspeed sport springs and kyb agx adjustable shocks. it's like night and day. I think it's the perfect medium for city/street/and the occasionaly autox. and at about $580 for the whole set-up I think it's well worth it.

9. asmallsol

asmallsol Super Moderator

Strut bars do not do very much for handling, they are more for structural rigidity. Get some good springs and shocks (true coilovers would be nice) then get a good sawbay (the Skunk2 bar kinda sucks it is known for subframe tear out real quick) As everyone said, go with good tires and wheels. Finally get all your tie/strut bars.

My set up so far....

tein ha's with ITR LCA's 750 + 85 for LCA's
    Rota C8's with potenza so3 800
    22mm ITR rear sway bar, 150
    Skunk2 rear strut bar 130
    Nuespeed 4 point front 100
    OEM sol front sway FREE (came with car :) )
    so now I have spent close to 2k and belive me now my car handles like it is on rails. I think that my car now out handles my dads mini cooper S. Moding honda's is not cheap but it is fun.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted