I want E's Job.....

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

94RedSiGal

I delivered a rescue dog for a American Brittany Spaniel rescue group yesterday. Candy was found in a shelter in Iowa a month ago and transported to this area for permanent relocation. Her forever home ended up being in Moncton, New Brunswick and there weren't any other volunteers to split the delivery run with, so I volunteered to do the whole transport.... about 475 miles up the coast. Candy is a 12 year old dog.

Picked her up Tuesday afternoon from Groveland, MA and stayed in Portland, ME for the night. Went to $4 movie night and saw The Godsend, what a bad movie... but the buttered popcorn was great, especially as how I had asked them to butter the contents at midpoint of the fill also. lol. The guest bed was amazingly comfortable, but alas it was not meant to be. Candy was very nervous and fussing in her crate, so I spent the night with her down in the living room attached to her by her leash. I encouraged her to slept on the nice dog bed there, but she wouldn't, even after I curled up on it with her. I finally gave up and took the sofa and I think that she slept a little on the floor next to me. *sigh*

Left Portland around 6:30 the next morning, who needs sleep? lol. The weather was beautiful. The roads are wide, well paved and better yet at this time of year, fairly devoid of all traffic. No speed traps yesterday either. :) Made it to the Canadian border around 11am (Wendy told me it takes her 8 hours to get there... hehe). I met Candy's new mom around 2 in Fredericton. I saw a modded eg hatch with stickers and a wing, but decently done. There was also a yellow civic coupe of some sort with red flames painted on its front end.

Here are the pics that took... I LOVE those Canadian speed limit signs! (Yeah yeah yeah I know they mean km, not miles, but don't spoil my fantasy! :p ) Hwy 2 in N.B. is a really nice scenic drive. There is a town called Florenceville that claims to be the french fry capital of the world. They must produce a lot of the frozen ones, as it's potato country up there, I haven't had the energy to google that up yet.

Got home around midnight. My only disapointment with the trip was not being able to get my hot lobster roll with a side of fried clams at the Maine Diner last night. They closed up before I could get there. :( But another 1000 miles on the ol' Si. :thumbsup: I want to be a courier! I've already offered to bring a blind dog in GA up to N.B. later on in the summer. I figured Michigan to Boston by way of GA is doable.... :lol:

My live cargo, what a pretty dog! Just too hyper for me, Gypsy was such a perfect dog *cry* -
s409a37001d4ff.jpg

Some of the beautiful road, the smudges are bugs on my windshield -
s409a37a53a992.jpg

Waiting at the checkpoint to go into Canada -
s409a3630bbff4.jpg

My new favorite signs -
s409a3810be6f0.jpg

s409a385d68fc3.jpg

And of course I had to oblige ;) -
s409a38f48b2a6.jpg

Well yesterday, the light traffic was moving along pretty quickly. I was a very happy camper! The only thing that really distressed me yesterday was that finally.... I paid over $20 for a full tank of gas for my Si (I was really on empty each time). Three times that happened too!!! :eek:

welcome to the

"lets take a picture of the speedo at 100 club!"

B)

Originally posted by TurboMirage@May 6 2004, 09:49 AM
welcome to the

"lets take a picture of the speedo at 100 club!"

B)

lol.... I know that I am late to your club. I don't think that the dog people ought to know that I am a member though. :ph34r: I do love my Si, what a perfect touring car. *sighs contentedly*

I don't bother much with bringing my old bulky Mavica around with me in the car. At least the resulting picture files are much smaller than yours... ;)

<-------- A nice, considerate person. Really! :lol:

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 6 2004, 08:38 AM
I paid over $20 for a full tank of gas for my Si (I was really on empty each time). Three times that happened too!!! :eek:

Yeah, that tends to happen when you are going 100 miles an hour...I went to Mobile, AL from Panama City Beach, FL in 2 hours...cruise was at 105, I made it there and back in a little over 4 hours. Needless to say, 2 E to F tanks of gas cost me the same price as you.

Nick... the price of gas is completely independent of my cruising speed.... but I do realize that having so much fun yesterday caused me to fill up my gas tank more often. :p

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 6 2004, 08:55 AM

I don't bother much with bringing my old bulky Mavica around with me in the car. At least the resulting picture files are much smaller than yours... ;)
<-------- A nice, considerate person. Really! :lol:

bah. i prefer vivid colors and depth to match. big jpeg files for everyone! :D

<~~ thinks dialup should be illegal. :ph34r:

Originally posted by JDMPlaya@May 6 2004, 08:24 AM
Damn I love those signs! Does the majority of people drive that fast? Semi's?

Well yes in Canada, the speed limit is 100KM/H, but the police don't bother you up to 120KM/H. Over that they tend to give you tickets, but it depends on how the policeman feels! lol...

In general Semi's are block at 100KM/H, but some of them are not and travel at around 120KM/H to 130KM/H.

anyways..i never tought Americans where impress by are speed limits!

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 6 2004, 09:41 AM

Thanks for bringing me back down.... lol. Such a showoff!! :p

lol... I had another 2000 RPM to go. At the time, I didn't have the MBC vented back into the intake, so it would pressure lock and only allow 10 PSI randomly, instead of the 17 it's set for. I didn't realize this then, and passed it off as the nuances of a stock exhaust and high altitude (9800' ASL in the Cascades). Had I been able to pull off 17 PSI to 8000 RPM, I would have been over 160 like I did that one time here in VT. Now that it's vented, boost is much more stable and consistant. Not like I'm going to try my luck with 160+ MPH again, but knowing I could is good enough.

Originally posted by Loco Honkey+May 6 2004, 11:17 AM-->
94RedSiGal
@May 6 2004, 09:41 AM

Thanks for bringing me back down.... lol. Such a showoff!! :p

lol... I had another 2000 RPM to go. At the time, I didn't have the MBC vented back into the intake, so it would pressure lock and only allow 10 PSI randomly, instead of the 17 it's set for. I didn't realize this then, and passed it off as the nuances of a stock exhaust and high altitude (9800' ASL in the Cascades). Had I been able to pull off 17 PSI to 8000 RPM, I would have been over 160 like I did that one time here in VT. Now that it's vented, boost is much more stable and consistant. Not like I'm going to try my luck with 160+ MPH again, but knowing I could is good enough.

LOL I thought you were being nice about the 140mph pic, as I already knew your AllTrac had gone 160. And now you really mash my poor little Si down to size publically... you.. you bastard! Get out of my thread!! :angry:

j/k.... you know I that love your car, and it's red, and it would make a great secondary vehicle for me. *huge sigh*

Brittanys are really nice dogs, but so active... lol.

So... I finally googled up Florenceville:

The village of Florenceville is located on the banks of the St. John River, in Carleton County in the Canadian province of New Brunswick. The village has a population of less than 400 people, but is the world headquarters for McCain Foods Limited, the largest producer of French fries in the world.

Originally posted by 94RedSiGal@May 6 2004, 08:14 AM
I want to be a courier! I've already offered to bring a blind dog in GA up to N.B. later on in the summer. I figured Michigan to Boston by way of GA is doable.... :lol:

Or,

Michigan to Boston, via GA with a side trip to CA to courier some parrots!

Nice pix, btw. B)

I just got back from Chicago. Got on the plane for a 4:10 p.m. flight yesterday and sat there on the tarmac until 6:05 waiting for some dumb storm to pass. :angry:

cute dog.

I love dogs.

I had a dog, his name was Damian. I had him for years upon years. I have to say aboout 12 years or so. Well we had to put him to sleep. Man O man. I cried like a girl.

This was about 10 years ago or so. I still miss that dog. :(

Eh, I don't have any pics of the Civic topped out- it's hard to drive 150mph+ and take a picture with a camera at the same time.

:)

hrmm...too bad I didn't have my camera when I was doing 128 on the highway, I have one of my Si at 110 but thats it thus far.

Looks like fun Martine! I would have loved to seen those signs too. :D

Back