I Want High 12's At Worst

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
stick to 1/8 mile tracks!! just playin man....do your research....this website is a great source to help you accomplish your goal. good luck!!

one other thing I forgot to mention if you want your daily driver to run 12's then you'd better get some serious brake upgrades as well. Otherwise your first drive in your car, will be your last :D

Just out of curiosity what is the fastest car you've ever driven?? :huh:

Originally posted by karnash@Apr 3 2003, 11:29 PM
why do people ....nevermind.

17's slow u down dude!!!!!!!!!!

stick the 15s in front, keep your 17s in the back during track day. that way you would have your favorite 17s on your car.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Apr 4 2003, 01:06 AM-->
New2TheCarScene
@Apr 3 2003, 10:33 PM
If you want cheap and something realiable sell off your rice rocket for a 4.6L rustang.

I can't believe you used reliable and a ford product in the same sentence :p. Shell out the cash for a 98-up camaro with the ls1. Fuck a ford and more importantly, fuck that ohc design of the 4.6.

:)

the 4.6L model is the best model they ever made. :eek:

Originally posted by liquid00meth@Apr 4 2003, 04:09 PM
Ok guys listen up, chill the fuck out and read the guy's question. he said the CHEAPEST way, not a CHEAP way. He also didn't say he would have 17s on track day. And a full interior isn't out of the question. What is out of the question, and completely inconsiderate, is your response to his post. I wish you all would lose your PMS over 17s

Sorry 94civ for all the shit., listen, here you go.

12s streetable could *most likely* be attained with an ls/T setup - and losing your 17s for some race rubber at the track.

your looking at most likely, roughly, 10,000-12 in the car. and that is cutting corners a bit - it all depends on your parts hookups y0. and how much you can do yourself.

I would reccomend an ls/t, utilizing a t03/t04e or a t60-1, with a resleeved block + a standard honda overbore. Obviously a large intercooler, Added with a blockguard, completely upgraded bottom end, completely upgraded top end, and new pistons - but keeping around the same compression. have everything ported and polished, and upgrade your entire fuel system. Standard ignition will probably serve you fine. I'm sure people will have much to add. Also, you said something about running on race gas - it is really tricky, if not impossible, to tune a car properly with boost for race gas and pump gas - since you want streetable.

As for your b20 block thing, I have no clue about those setups.

lata man

The fucking point is there is NO CHEAP way.

and about him running high 12's consistently, it doesn't matter what part of 12's you're in...if you're in a friggin daily driver thats not gutted its going to take an incredible amount of money to be running those.

Originally posted by New2TheCarScene+Apr 4 2003, 11:32 PM-->
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 4 2003, 01:06 AM
New2TheCarScene
If you want cheap and something realiable sell off your rice rocket for a 4.6L rustang.

I can't believe you used reliable and a ford product in the same sentence :p. Shell out the cash for a 98-up camaro with the ls1. Fuck a ford and more importantly, fuck that ohc design of the 4.6.

umm, no, not imo.. the parts are hard to find b/c aftermarket hasn't picked it up that much and the 5.0 can be one hella stout motor. A dads friend is running low 10's, i think a 10.3 at the last test in tune in a 317 stroker in a 67 stang. The only reason the new 03 cobra's are fast b/c they are supercharged, but they are breaking half shafts and various other things on the track.

Altho, the ls1 in the camaro/vettes and also the ls6 are badass motors none-the-less. Not many other motors can get you 10's and by daily driven. Some are in the 9's. thunder racing dynoed acouple of cams at making 35whp and 40wtq from JUST a cam upgrade.

Tonight a friend ran 13.2 with a fullsize 94 chevy truck, complete ls6 (from the z06 vette) swap, slicks, posi and 4.10 gears. it was running 13.9's before this. And yes, that is completely stock, minus tuning and the factory convertor "worked".

I heard a full interior 5th gen. civic coupe with a b20b4 block b16 pnp head, ferrea valve train, t3/t4 turbo at 10psi would run 12's.... what do you guys think?

well there is nothing that you can to do when it comes to cars :worthy:

Like I said before if you build it up to handle 10 PSI, and I dont just mean the engine, then it would be a nice ride. I dont see why it couldn't.

IMO if I was going to put that kinda money into my car I would choose the B18C GSR engine, more parts avaliable for this engine, VTEC+BOOST is better then BOOST alone, you could always stroke it to 2.0L if you want more disp. since your building the internals anyway.....

Turbo GSR powered CRX's can hit 9's so a 5th gen hatch should be able to hit 12's

I am new to the whole honda scene and I have one thing to say:

Some of you people (not all of you) are complete assholes. That guy just asked a question and half you people are just being dicks towards him. "Cheap and 12s don't go in the same sentence la duh da duh da" and making fun of his driving when you never seen him drive. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! JUST BE CIVIL!!!!

I used to own a Geo Prizm (also known as Toyota Corolla) and I was on the corolla-racing website. Those people were very informative and nice to each other. They were actually helpful. They made a forum what it was supposed to be HELPFUL, not HURTFUL and IMMATURE.

You pricks (again not all of you).

Originally posted by luVTEC@Apr 4 2003, 01:10 AM
the rivalry with ford and chev is compltetely stupid, there performance engines are all the same. The same engineers that work at ford also worked at GM and chrysler, its the same talent pool. :sleep: neither is more reliable then the other.

Now back to hondas :)

The ford 4.6 DHOC and the GM LS1/LS6 OHV engines are about as different as you can get. Other than both being V8's there is nothing similar between them. As far as answering the original question in this post here http://www.hotrod.com/featuredvehicles/228...2838/index.html It's a little different than what you want but it's a second faster and daily driven.

Originally posted by Domeskilla+Apr 5 2003, 01:22 AM-->
Originally posted by New2TheCarScene@Apr 4 2003, 11:32 PM
Originally posted by Domeskilla@Apr 4 2003, 01:06 AM
New2TheCarScene

umm, no, not imo.. the parts are hard to find b/c aftermarket hasn't picked it up that much and the 5.0 can be one hella stout motor. A dads friend is running low 10's, i think a 10.3 at the last test in tune in a 317 stroker in a 67 stang. The only reason the new 03 cobra's are fast b/c they are supercharged, but they are breaking half shafts and various other things on the track.

Altho, the ls1 in the camaro/vettes and also the ls6 are badass motors none-the-less. Not many other motors can get you 10's and by daily driven. Some are in the 9's. thunder racing dynoed acouple of cams at making 35whp and 40wtq from JUST a cam upgrade.

Tonight a friend ran 13.2 with a fullsize 94 chevy truck, complete ls6 (from the z06 vette) swap, slicks, posi and 4.10 gears. it was running 13.9's before this. And yes, that is completely stock, minus tuning and the factory convertor "worked".

Okay I stopped reading when I got to the 5-point-slow part.

the 4.6L car was faster stock, its lighter and is a great base.

just my opinion

Originally posted by ALLMOTO@Apr 5 2003, 03:33 AM
I am new to the whole honda scene and I have one thing to say:

Some of you people (not all of you) are complete assholes. That guy just asked a question and half you people are just being dicks towards him. "Cheap and 12s don't go in the same sentence la duh da duh da" and making fun of his driving when you never seen him drive. SHUT THE FUCK UP!!!! JUST BE CIVIL!!!!

I used to own a Geo Prizm (also known as Toyota Corolla) and I was on the corolla-racing website. Those people were very informative and nice to each other. They were actually helpful. They made a forum what it was supposed to be HELPFUL, not HURTFUL and IMMATURE.

You pricks (again not all of you).

Hey dipshit, we were making a point.

Its a free country. Cry about it.

when i said he should go to driving school i wasn't making fun of him, becasue driving school can teach you more about your car and how to drive it than just trying to figure it out by yourself. they have race schools all over the country and if there was one near me you can bet i would have already taken the course. tell me how much track time you have put in with a full grid of cars on the course. i don't have any but i could get some at a school like that.

and cheap and 12's don't go in the same sentence, i wasn't being uncivil, just stating fact, FUCK OFF!

I tried to make another post about the same question because this one got so clutterfucked but they just yelled at me for double posting. Im starting to get the feeling that this message board has no fucking clue what its talking about sometimes, and that it kinda wonders around the subject a little to make it sound like they do.

I heard you can get 12's out of a 5th gen civic coupe simply by dropping a b20b4 block with a b16 head in, putting a t3/t4 turbo on it, and running at 10psi.....

not 1 person told me that, or anywhere near that... do you know what everyone DID say?
cheap and 12 dont go together and buy a rustang and its gonna cost a lot... dude guys ... did i ask how much its going to cost? I said whats the cheapest way to do it.. not the CHEAP way... the CHEAPEST as in... least expensive. If I wanted a rustang... I would have invested in that, but I wanted a civic so I got one. sometimes I seriously think there is something wrong with the people on this board. A few people really help, like calesta and liguid metal, and theres more but i cant think of them right off the top of my pissed off head.

will i get 12's if I drop a b20b4 block with a b16 head at 10psi from a t3/t4 turbo? If yes and reliable... GREAT!! If no... WHY... and WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE? If yes, but not reliable... WHY and WHAT NEEDS TO CHANGE?

do you think somebody can help me answer that? please dont reply to this topic if your gonna be a smartass.... dont tell me to buy a piece of a shit mustang either. b20b4/b16 head with a t3/t4 turbo is COMPLETELY capable of getting 12's from a 5th gen civic, I want you guys to tell me the reliable way.

Thanks to those of you few that help

Originally posted by saturn_boy96@Apr 5 2003, 01:37 PM
and cheap and 12's don't go in the same sentence, i wasn't being uncivil, just stating fact, FUCK OFF!

1. YOU just used cheap and 12's in the same sentence
2. I would love driving school
3. Theres a price for getting 12's.. if that price it 10,000 and you get it for 8,000 then somebody might say "wow dude you got that for cheap"

Understand what Im saying?

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back