I Want High 12's At Worst

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok, sorry about being a smart ass, its just too many noobs come on here after seeing FnF and want some magical AWD TT Civic with "2 of the Big ones" and they think it will cost them $500 to build it and they think it would be a consitent 10 second car.

it just isn't a feasible project, now 12's on a full interior civic shouldn't be nearly that complicated but it still wont be cheap. that said i think you could do it if you could get an engine that produced a reliable 230-270 whp and you ran race rubber at the track.

they weren't flaming you when we said that 17's will slow you down, because they will. its to difficult to buil a light weight 17 inch wheel and build a light weight 17 in. tire that will grip well enough for you to run a 12. agian this is all IMAO.

now just because your running full interior, does that mean you don't want to change anything else on the car either, just the engine, because i think you should invest in at least a pair of light (less than 12lbs) 15's for track days, you could also get a Carbon Fiber hood, and some light weight seats. if you have a system you should also think about removing it for track days, or if you eant to leave it in car you will want to have the majority of the weight in front of the rear wheels beacuse that can affect traction, you may also want the new z10 engineering radius arms. but any way if you want to run full interior, you should think about removing weight any way possible other places. and for sure if you haven't already you should remove the donut spare and jack.

You don't need driving school to drive in a strait line "dipshit." My friend and I raced his brother's 12sec mustang against his girlfriend's 12 sec camaro one day and had a blast. It was the first time I even drove a 12 sec car and I had no problems. We even switched cars a few times. It was something to get used to since the camaro had a automatic with a shift kit and a built 350 and the mustang was a 5 speed with a built 302 and both the cars were even all the way down the 1/4 stretch we had in front of his house (I hope that says something about the whole GM versus Ford thing).

Hey, 94civintegra! Go to www.honda-tech.com. That is a very good website and the people know a lot.

yeah right and i bet you've never driven a FF car that has more than 102hp going to the front wheels, i'd love to see your reaction to the torque steer created by a car with over 200ft/lbs going to the front wheels. as i said before," fuck off."

Exactly,

FWD and RWD racing are not the same. I believe the driving school coment had to do with the fact that he said he will be using this car for daily driving.

I dont think the t3/t4 turbo will spool until around 4 grand....
so I wont be tourqe steered anywhere unless I stomp on it, so if I keep it under 4 grand ill be just fine for daily driving

As far as losing body weight... Ill put a carbon fiber body kit that weighs less then factory, take out the spare tire and donut, but ill keep the 17's. Anything Ill be racing will have heavier tires and a much heavier car, so I will fine.

Thanks a lot guys!

I think I have finished my car plans....
b20b4 block
b16 head
port and polish
ferrea valve train
cometic high boost head gasket
JE low compression pistons
Eagle rods
Arp bolts
darton sleeves
somewhere around 440cc fuel injectors
somewhere around 40 g/hr fuel pump
bigger fuel rail
holley EFI fuel pressure regulator
JG Edelbrock Competition B18C VTEC intake manifold
Holley High-Flow EFI 68mm throttle body
helix power tower throttle body raiser
K&N filtercharger
traction bar
eibach drag-launch coil springs
custom 3" exhaust
t3/t3 hybrid turbo
e6k engine management
stage 3 6 puck clutch -------- I dont know about this, what do you guys suggest.. I think its going to drive like shit
GSR tranny
power slot break rotors
msd ignition
run at 16ish psi on 17's full interior

let me know what you guys think is missing, or needs to be changed ... or doesn't need to be on at all!

thanks a lot guys!

Originally posted by ALLMOTO@Apr 5 2003, 03:41 PM
You don't need driving school to drive in a strait line "dipshit." My friend and I raced his brother's 12sec mustang against his girlfriend's 12 sec camaro one day and had a blast. It was the first time I even drove a 12 sec car and I had no problems. We even switched cars a few times. It was something to get used to since the camaro had a automatic with a shift kit and a built 350 and the mustang was a 5 speed with a built 302 and both the cars were even all the way down the 1/4 stretch we had in front of his house (I hope that says something about the whole GM versus Ford thing).

Hey, 94civintegra! Go to www.honda-tech.com. That is a very good website and the people know a lot.

was it an automatic? Oh yea it was. I'm glad you know how to push a pedal. Do you race for a living?. Yea... you don't. Thats why there are professional drag racers and people who take years of practice to perfect "driving in a straight line." Have some respect you fucking newbie. I'll be thinking of your genius comment when I see another pussy like you glaze their clutch like a fuckin dounut at street night, because they thought they were king shit drag racer.

As far as what 94civ said about people here not knowing anything - dude, there are people on this board who know everything about what you need to do, and could probably build it tommaro. Most of them just dont respond to flame ridden, immature, off-topic bullshit ridden threads like this one. It's not your fault it turned out that way, but it did.

94Civintegra, now that sounds good. You got it planned out all you need to do now is go build it. One thing I would suggest for your rims is a good set of tires, personally I like the TOYO T1s proxies. Tires are often under rated, but they make a huge difference.

peace.

Let us know how it works out. B)

for street/strip i think you should run something like the BF goodrich DOT legal drag radial.

i just read over your post and you haven't picked a cam.

and with the setup your talking about you should be seeing like 400hp+.

I dont know if I want to mess with the cams at all
Once you start messing with the cams it really messes with your miles per gallon, and thats something Im trying to keep up. I understand when my turbo kicks in its gonna kill my mpg, but I can drive under the turbo and save the gas. If I mess with the cams Im gonna lose the mpg.

But now I have a question... can I keep the stock cams?
If I can't Ill be getting JG Edelbrock Race Cams....

The awesome thing about my engine is that my dad is a highly wanted chevy dealer service manager and my uncle owns his own company building street rods..... so we get really good deals on JG and Holley and K&N products!!

Thanks guys!!
Let me know what you guys think!

As for the wheels I have figured in as of now
They are the Yokohama Avid H4 tires and the Konig Passport Rims.. what do you guys think of them?

what are other good low profile tires for racing?

The T1s are high perf. street.

The next step up from that are the TOYO RA1's :worthy: -they are for racing only. Racing parts arent designed to last too long, for obvious reasons, therefore you'll need two sets of tires.
1 for street and one for race.

Or you could just race on a high perf. street tire.

about the cam, if you don't change it you'll run into problems with too much overlap on the high lift vtec lobes. you can get custom grinds for your setup but i would recomend doing a lot of research before designing one to your own spec.

i know that crower has a turbo cam for the b18c and i'm sure they could build one for your application.

and the thing that really messes with your MPG is the size of injectors your running.

I don't know, but it's kind of annoying constantly speculating if your setups will get into the 12s. Why don't you build it and find out.

yeah dude just do it and see. if it does, see how much faster you could be with more weight reduction/drag slicks.

i've seen slicks drop times by like .6 seconds. at least .3-.4.

Stick with the civic if you want to go fast, integra adds uneccesary weight. Nobody here can tell you if you'll hit 12's foreshure, all we can say is the setup you desicrbed should be capable of it. Build it up and practice driving. Driving makes big difference, for example I know a guy who has a modded old school corvette and when he drives it he hits 13's, when his uncle drives it he hits 11's.

JUST DO IT B)

civintegra: sorry for flaming you a little bit, just get pissed at seeing the same posts on every board on the internet you at least now a lil more than most of those :fr:
as far as your set up i still think on track day at least you oughta switch the fronts to 15's, i think you should ditch the stock cams, and the big thing i think missing is an eagle block guard, cheap insurance man B)

now excuse me for a second. those comments i made to you about torque steering into the wall? they should have gone to that retarded little fuck who was racing the mustang and camaro that were so damn fast. hey dipshit, you ever notice anything? both those cars were RWD. you know what that means? yes, rear wheel drive. front wheel drive is completely different and that is why you and 99% of the population aren't pro drag racers! just cus it's straight doesn't make it easy! i have a buddy who drives an old omni that makes 100hp at 4000 rpm and 120ft lbs. at 2100 rpm and that little piece of shit torque steers considerably with a 16 second 1/4 mile, and on the street he tears the shit out of many many civics because the high end power doesn't come in fast enough off the line (kinda like you they can't drive) so shut your fucking hole and get a clue :axe:

k everyone else, sorry bout that

now excuse me for a second. those comments i made to you about torque steering into the wall? they should have gone to that retarded little fuck who was racing the mustang and camaro that were so damn fast. hey dipshit, you ever notice anything? both those cars were RWD. you know what that means? yes, rear wheel drive. front wheel drive is completely different and that is why you and 99% of the population aren't pro drag racers! just cus it's straight doesn't make it easy! i have a buddy who drives an old omni that makes 100hp at 4000 rpm and 120ft lbs. at 2100 rpm and that little piece of shit torque steers considerably with a 16 second 1/4 mile, and on the street he tears the shit out of many many civics because the high end power doesn't come in fast enough off the line (kinda like you they can't drive) so shut your fucking hole and get a clue
:eek: ..................................... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: That is awsome. I just love it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back