I Want High 12's At Worst

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by 94Civintegra@Apr 5 2003, 06:04 PM
I dont think the t3/t4 turbo will spool until around 4 grand....
so I wont be tourqe steered anywhere unless I stomp on it, so if I keep it under 4 grand ill be just fine for daily driving

As far as losing body weight... Ill put a carbon fiber body kit that weighs less then factory, take out the spare tire and donut, but ill keep the 17's. Anything Ill be racing will have heavier tires and a much heavier car, so I will fine.

Thanks a lot guys!

I think I have finished my car plans....
b20b4 block
b16 head
port and polish
ferrea valve train
cometic high boost head gasket
JE low compression pistons
Eagle rods
Arp bolts
darton sleeves
somewhere around 440cc fuel injectors
somewhere around 40 g/hr fuel pump
bigger fuel rail
holley EFI fuel pressure regulator
JG Edelbrock Competition B18C VTEC intake manifold
Holley High-Flow EFI 68mm throttle body
helix power tower throttle body raiser
K&N filtercharger
traction bar
eibach drag-launch coil springs
custom 3" exhaust
t3/t3 hybrid turbo
e6k engine management
stage 3 6 puck clutch -------- I dont know about this, what do you guys suggest.. I think its going to drive like shit
GSR tranny
power slot break rotors
msd ignition
run at 16ish psi on 17's full interior

let me know what you guys think is missing, or needs to be changed ... or doesn't need to be on at all!

thanks a lot guys!

All that and some rod bearings, unless they come with the rods?

Originally posted by doofnoil+Apr 7 2003, 12:25 PM-->
94Civintegra
@Apr 5 2003, 06:04 PM
I dont think the t3/t4 turbo will spool until around 4 grand....
so I wont be tourqe steered anywhere unless I stomp on it, so if I keep it under 4 grand ill be just fine for daily driving

As far as losing body weight... Ill put a carbon fiber body kit that weighs less then factory, take out the spare tire and donut, but ill keep the 17's. Anything Ill be racing will have heavier tires and a much heavier car, so I will fine.

Thanks a lot guys!

I think I have finished my car plans....
b20b4 block
b16 head
port and polish
ferrea valve train
Eagle rods
Arp bolts
darton sleeves
bigger fuel rail
K&N filtercharger
traction bar
custom 3" exhaust
t3/t3 hybrid turbo
e6k engine management
stage 3 6 puck clutch -------- I dont know about this, what do you guys suggest.. I think its going to drive like shit
GSR tranny
power slot break rotors
msd ignition

let me know what you guys think is missing, or needs to be changed ... or doesn't need to be on at all!

thanks a lot guys!

All that and some rod bearings, unless they come with the rods?

and Eagle blockguard
and i can probably run at like 18ish psi

ill let you guys know when i start on it...
thanks!

oh by the way... im thinking putting 16's on instead of 17's... a little improvement

unless you have an unreal traction problem i don't see why you shouldn't be seeing at least some high 11's with that setup.

let us know how cheap it is. j/p

Seriously... I dont think Ill pay more then 7 for the whole thing... if that.

be prepared to double that
i wasnt going to spend more than 6k ..... i dont even know how much im at now... stopped counting a while ago

the little shit and the unforeseen shit you need to make the other shit work will up that price with the quickness

what kind of brake setup do you have on your car? if you aren't running a 4 sheel disc setup yet i think that should be one of your upgrades along with larger discs all the way around, possibly larger calipers, and definatley stainles steel lines. if your running full weight you WILL need larger/better brakes to stop you from mach12.

and since your doing all that work on the motor you should get everything balanced and lightened, crank(possibly counterweighted), pistons, rods, flywheel(definately). that should help with reliablitlity. you should also add a set of GSR piston oil squirters to your block, and a crank girdle(z10 is the only one i know of), and since your doing dart sleeves i don't think the eagle block guard will fit. besides, you don't need it.

QUOTE (94Civintegra @ Apr 5 2003, 06:04 PM)
As far as losing body weight... Ill put a carbon fiber body kit that weighs less then factory, take out the spare tire and donut, but ill keep the 17's. Anything Ill be racing will have heavier tires and a much heavier car, so I will fine

and will most likely be RWD and making more power than you(if you race a lot of domestics). but if you plan to run this setup to its full extent be prepared to need a roll cage installed also. it will be for your safety and your passengers safety so don't skip it. and i think you should drop the stock seats for light aftermarket ones, that could save you around 40-50lbs.

yeah and your gonna need an intercooler, along with the piping, some adjustable cam gears, a BOV, a wastegate, dyno time, and definately hondata and a gm 3 bar sensor. you should probably get some poly urethane inserts for those motor mounts too.

Im going to get the b20b4 block with the b16 head and t3/t4 drag turbo kits
the head has the JG edelbrock intake already on it, its in a 97 civic, the civic has rims on it already, bigger brakes, bigger fuel rail, vafc, evc... and thats just what i seen when i took a quick glance...

since its a b20b4 turbo im guessing they already redid the internals... but i cant be too sure until i get the car... anyways the point is that im going to probably get all that for under 4500

leaving me money to spare

take some pics, lets see this bad boy.

if its already in a car why don't you ask them what kind of times they were running?

Because its in a salvage yard waiting to be auctioned off...

it needs some stuff im sure... but you get the idea!
Mvc-004f.jpg

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Apr 7 2003, 11:43 PM
..... i dont even know how much im at now... stopped counting a while ago

its much better this way.....

same reason i never save my marlboro miles from my cig. packs....

too depressing.

If that's the car you're getting in that picture,the valve cover,and the turbo tilted sideways,looks like the car took a serious hit,there may be more wrong with it than appears.Just a word of caution.And IMO $4500 is WAY too much for a car that might be wasted.

no worries!
it will all be okay in the end
both my dad and uncle looked at it and i asked them dont we have to worry about it being broken... my uncle said why? and i said cause its hit in the front end... and he said.... so?
my uncle has been working on cars his whole life... if he says that, then i trust him, if its a piece of shit, ill still get the rims and tires and big brakes, and vafc and evc and gauges and blow off valve and manifold and chipped ecu and edelbrock intake and throttle body and block and the list goes on and on.... its still a hell of a deal, i wont go over 5 for the whole thing!

im pretty excited about it, but it hasn't come up on the auction... and its suppoused to have came up a long time ago and im starting to get pissed and impatient about the whole thing...

im willing to wait a while for a good deal though!

later guys

ehhh this thread sucks. lots of bullshit going on

#1 - unless you can get that crashed POS fucked up car for 1 grand or less, don't. its not worth more than that. 90% of the turbo parts are useless and cracked/broken. the exahust manifold probably ripped a stuf or two out of the head. the turbo is crushed and bent. its useless. i cant see it, but i guarantee the intercooler is gone, along with the piping for it. basically, i see a good IM, and a bov. The waste gate is not there, which means water and everything else got into the entire turbo system, and the motor... who knows if a rat or something crawled in. in otherwords, buy the JG IM and BOV if you want, the rest in my opinion is useless.

#2 - Running 12s. running a 12.99 vs a 12.01 is night and day. you posted a list. allow myself to tear it apart after i organize it a little better :p

b20b4 block
Eagle rods
Arp bolts
darton sleeves

ok, not bad.... but i would go with Golden Eagle over darton. That, and HOW low? i would at least keep compression between 9-9.5:1

b16 head
port and polish
ferrea valve train

ok, ferrea valve train, and a port/polish job is going to run you at least 2 grand plus a b16 head. you want to do it the CHEAPEST way, don't bother with head work. stock b16 head will hold you over fine.

not nearly enough injectors. you need 720s
g/hr is for domestics :) you want the Walboro 255 High Pressure intank pump

bigger fuel rail
K&N filtercharger

all of the above are useless.

720s will fit in fine. you DONT want more rail pressue (aka what an fmu does) you want more flow.
air filter? ummmm hello and welcome to boost, where you no longer have a stock air box, nor a cold air intake, or anything like that.

umm... but you want to use a b16a head. a b18c IM wont bolt on to a b16a head. differetn bolt pattern

traction bar

jimfab.com

custom 3" exhaust

what about shocks???
t3/t3 hybrid turbo

assuming thats a type for t3/t4,
you are still small.
at LEAST get a t3 60-1, or better yet, a precision sc61 (precisionte.com)

e6k engine management

do you have a haltek tuner? if you don't get hondata. Haltek is no joke. its impossible to use unless you KNOW how to use it. hondata is plenty for your car, cheaper, and frankly, its bad ass.
stage 3 6 puck clutch

stage is nothing. a company makes their owns stages. stage 3 act != stage 3 centerforce, and so on.
just get an ACT with their extreeme pressure plate.

GSR tranny

ok, and get a quaiffe LSD installed in it

power slot break rotors

gay.
get brembo blanks
and a good set of hawk pads (hp+) from http://www.collettimotorsports.com
or if you want to spend more, talk to http://www.fastbrakes.com
msd ignition

useless for the power you want.

Having a goal of hitting a certain psi is stupid. go for a power gaol.
running on 17s is even stupider. 15x7 is all you need for street, 13x8 for the track. if you want to argue this in ANY manner, you are a ricer. you will never get the traction you need on a 17, and you will be slow.
Full interior, cool- but you will need a bar/cage at some drag ways to run 12s. just keep that in mind.

anyway, you are missing a shit load of parts.
Intercooler? PWR
piping? who knows...
tail 40mm wastegate (make sure you manifold has the proper flange
and speaking of, WHICH manifold? drag sucks. full-race owns.
do you still want a/c? cuz that's an issue
BOV- greddy type R, etc .75 bar spring
tires - BFG drag radials
motor mounts- hapsort solid replacements are a good idea
go on a diet so you are lighter
no stereo shit
driver skill so you don't burn the tires up the whole way down
avcr boost controller for variable rpm boost pressure
balls to drive it.

welp, hopefully i sent you back to the drawing board before you made a big mistake on some parts....

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 9 2003, 02:01 AM
15x7 is all you need for street, 13x8 for the track. if you want to argue this in ANY manner, you are a ricer.

13x8 won't fit over my new brakes. :p I guess I'll just have to run 15 inch wheels on the strip and have B call me a ricer. :p :lol: :lol: :lol:

big brakes are THE only reason to go larger. thats why supras run 17-19s, to fit over their huge brakes to slow down the 434343 lb car with 1000hp that still runs 12s

wow i didn't know supra's only weighed 434343 lbs. i thought they weighed more.

see why i asked for pics, look at his strut tower bar. that car has been crushed.

94civintegra: what kind of times were they running?

No ideaon times
heres a picture of the tires that are going on....
Mvc-006f.jpg

the intercooler is fine... its sitting in the back seat. There are PLENTY of useable parts in this car, its worth well over 1000. Im probably going to bid up to 5000 for it.

to pissedoffsol....
Im going to keep the compression the stock size
I will use Golden Eagle over Darton
Instead of a b16 head, which was a typo... I will be using a GSR head which is already slightly better then a b16 so I can keep it stock.

do you HONESTLY think 720's are necessary?? ... and also I have a question... just because their big, does that mean they will constently be pumping more gas... even if I dont spool the turbo?
I will go with the Walboro 255... or something thats the same as that, but in the magazine of stuff I can get hooked up with... so either holley or edelbrock or something like that im sure

the traction bar i will get will be a lakewood industries traction bar

head works now

help me with shocks then please!

im sure ill end up staying with the t3/t4 because i can get it cheap

hondata it is

act with extreme pressure plate

brembo w/ hawks

GSR w/ LSD

ill go with those mods... thanks

that is a beautiful fender there, hehe

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Apr 9 2003, 03:01 AM
running on 17s is even stupider. 15x7 is all you need for street, 13x8 for the track. if you want to argue this in ANY manner, you are a ricer.

I argue this all the time. I'm not a ricer. Your an angry old hermit. lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back